Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thread for the most minor of suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did it again today went into a right turn lane and rolled down to the traffic light with the signal still blinking. Later I came to a light and went into the left turn lane with same effect. I later went into a parking lot with zero lane markings, stopped at a stop sign, indicated to turn right, turned right and the flasher stopped after I made the turn.
Maybe it’s something of the order of the “fact” that it’s impossible to hit a Major League fastball yet every day during season dozens of players crush them.
I've found that if I turn on my turn signal, change into a turn lane, and then pass a driveway that's before the intersection where I'm turning, the turn signal almost always cancels as I pass the driveway. It might be a similar situation.

Reactions: Ti317
Another minor suggestion for something that's been bugging me is the transition from TACC / autopilot to manual control could be improved. If I cancel TACC by pressing the brake pedal, the car should apply full regen right away. Similarly, if I'm partially pressing the accelerator pedal and cancel TACC with the steering wheel button, the car should let me have full control of regen immediately. The 3-5 second delay after cancelling cruise control before I have full control of the car is a really bad design.

Another minor suggestion for something that's been bugging me is the transition from TACC / autopilot to manual control could be improved. If I cancel TACC by pressing the brake pedal, the car should apply full regen right away. Similarly, if I'm partially pressing the accelerator pedal and cancel TACC with the steering wheel button, the car should let me have full control of regen immediately. The 3-5 second delay after cancelling cruise control before I have full control of the car is a really bad design.
Along the same lines, I wish it were more forgiving if I needed to accelerate while on AP. Sometimes we have to smash the throttle and neglect to cancel AP and it dings us and kicks us out. I hate that.

Reactions: dansev
I just did it again today went into a right turn lane and rolled down to the traffic light with the signal still blinking. Later I came to a light and went into the left turn lane with same effect. I later went into a parking lot with zero lane markings, stopped at a stop sign, indicated to turn right, turned right and the flasher stopped after I made the turn.
Maybe it’s something of the order of the “fact” that it’s impossible to hit a Major League fastball yet every day during season dozens of players crush them.
My experience is that it knows when you’re turning into a turn only lane and doesn’t cancel the signal in those cases. I think it sees the turn arrows marked on the road (they’re displayed in the visualization). This has been my experience pretty consistently.

Reactions: gtae07 and dusty22
Is there a way to adjust the driver's door to be easier to keep open? If I throw the door open, instead of it opening fully and staying open, if there is any inertia, it will bounce completely back and slam shut. I have to push it open and hold it in the open position for it to stay open. It's so annoying.

• Phone contacts needs support for multiple addresses. (If you have multiples, only the one titled "Home" in android appears on the display)
  • Audio balance view needs buttons for up/down/left/right so you can fine tune the fade and balance while driving. Minute drags of the current implementation are impossible in motion
  • Need support for variable zoom on the nav while routing. It's too zoomed in, especially on the interstate. I want to stay zoomed out at least a few miles so you have a useful amount of visibility for upcoming traffic that would give you time to react and take the next exit. Like how a garmin does it - it remembers your specified zoom level, then once you are approaching your turn it starts zooming in from there as you approach it. After the turn it zooms back out to the specified zoom level. Also, the specified zoom level it remembers should be one for interstate, and a different one for surface roads.
  • For the MX (and MS) screen behind the steering wheel - support for changing that and where things are displayed. I drive one handed w/ my hand at the 2:00 position which largely blocks the line of sight to the speed.
  • Add a trunk usb for charging things on the go in the trunk. For instance in my last car I kept a bose BT speaker in the back plugged in so it was always fully charged
  • Scheduled pre-conditioning that heats up the car right as you are leaving for work needs support for specific days of the week, not "all" or "weekdays". Post covid many of us are only commuting some days of the week.

• Phone contacts needs support for multiple addresses. (If you have multiples, only the one titled "Home" in android appears on the display)
  • Audio balance view needs buttons for up/down/left/right so you can fine tune the fade and balance while driving. Minute drags of the current implementation are impossible in motion
  • Need support for variable zoom on the nav while routing. It's too zoomed in, especially on the interstate. I want to stay zoomed out at least a few miles so you have a useful amount of visibility for upcoming traffic that would give you time to react and take the next exit. Like how a garmin does it - it remembers your specified zoom level, then once you are approaching your turn it starts zooming in from there as you approach it. After the turn it zooms back out to the specified zoom level. Also, the specified zoom level it remembers should be one for interstate, and a different one for surface roads.
  • For the MX (and MS) screen behind the steering wheel - support for changing that and where things are displayed. I drive one handed w/ my hand at the 2:00 position which largely blocks the line of sight to the speed.
  • Add a trunk usb for charging things on the go in the trunk. For instance in my last car I kept a bose BT speaker in the back plugged in so it was always fully charged
  • Scheduled pre-conditioning that heats up the car right as you are leaving for work needs support for specific days of the week, not "all" or "weekdays". Post covid many of us are only commuting some days of the week.
A couple of NEMA 5-20's would be nice. One in the trunk. One in the back seat.

Reactions: OxBrew
's too zoomed in, especially on the interstate.
That's like every GPS ever. It drives me crazy. My next turn/exit can be 150 miles down the road and it'll zoom in so far I can't even see the exit that's coming up in a mile.

I usually just drive with the route overview displayed so I can see the entire thing with traffic and alternate routes. But I'm also one of those weirdos that uses north up...

Now that I'm using FSD a lot, I'd like a smidge more control than tapping the accelerator or hoping a turn signal gets the car to change lanes. I'd like the ability to add a small joystick to be able to adjust the car right or left a little bit (within the lane), speed up a bit by pushing forward, backing off the speed by pulling back. Alternatively, just let one of the steering wheel pushbuttons do this, during FSD - it doesn't make much sense that speed control has been removed from the wheelbutton but works with a foot pedal. And it would be nice to be able to nudge the car to one side of a lane without having to disengage.