Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hurricane Irma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of the silly bickering about who made what predictions how about being concerned about the folks who are still struggling with the effects of the storm and those who bore the brunt of the storm and have much work to do in order to return to normal?
Fwiw my area is still seeing wind rain floods even tornadoes and will so until later this afternoon

At least the track was about as good as it could have been -

* Weakening over Cuba shortly before landfall - *check*
* Timing it so that en route from Cuba it had to face severe shear - *check*
* Landing with its northeast quadrant over the everglades - *check*
* Moving up Florida inland, so that it weakened, and the main winds were pushing water out of the inlets and compensating for the surge - *check*

It's still going to be a big cleanup, with such a broad area affected by high winds. But I'm really glad that it turned out this way!

All Superchargers in Florida down, except Brandon, Tallahassee, St. Augustine &Port Orange. DeFuniak Springs is not providing status.

*Wow*, that many? So, Marathon, Florida City, Naples, Fort Myers, Plantation, West Palm Beach, Sarasota, Fort Drum, Pinellas Park, Turkey Lake, Ocala, Lake City, Live Oak, Mobile, and possible DeFuniak Springs? That's.... a lot worse than expected. Certainly worse than Harvey.

I'm sure they're not underwater - only two look to have been at serious risk of going under (Marathon and Naples), given how the storm played out.

*Wow*, that many? So, Marathon, Florida City, Naples, Fort Myers, Plantation, West Palm Beach, Sarasota, Fort Drum, Pinellas Park, Turkey Lake, Ocala, Lake City, Live Oak, Mobile, and possible DeFuniak Springs? That's.... a lot worse than expected. Certainly worse than Harvey.

I'm sure they're not underwater - only two look to have been at serious risk of going under (Marathon and Naples), given how the storm played out.
Sorry, Pinellas & Plantation are operational.

Larry

Last edited:
Larry I have little confidence in the reports from tesla. There is zero reason for many of the not reporting not to be operational
Hi Marc,

I can only repeat what I stated to you in posting #208:

I suspect that Tesla knew that the system might not always provide meaningful information and that's why they suggested that we call Roadside Assistance to confirm Supercharger Station status.

Larry

Hi Steve,

Good luck. Mary Ellen and I are going to follow your advice and we've already started to drink wine. Fortunately Mary Ellen has a nice collection. By the time the big winds get here we won't even know it. ;-)

Regards,

Larry

Hi Larry,

Was glad to read you guys were ok and now have power. We survived the night at our friend's house with no power. Our house is fine and never lost power. Now our friends are staying with us until they get their power back.

My car did just fine tucked next to the zambonis on the 4th floor of the parking garage for our hockey arena.

We dodged a major bullet up here. Best wishes to our friends in the Keys, Naples, Ft Myers, etc who took the brunt of the storm.

Hi Larry,

Was glad to read you guys were ok and now have power. We survived the night at our friend's house with no power. Our house is fine and never lost power. Now our friends are staying with us until they get their power back.

My car did just fine tucked next to the zambonis on the 4th floor of the parking garage for our hockey arena.

We dodged a major bullet up here. Best wishes to our friends in the Keys, Naples, Ft Myers, etc who took the brunt of the storm.
Hi Steve,

That's great to hear. Mary Ellen and I are just beginning to sober up. ;-)

As you may know we have a club event with over 50 members and guests scheduled for October 8th on Duck Island, about 10 miles east of the Marathon Supercharger. It's not looking too good right now.

Larry

Irma chased me down to Atlanta - currently experiencing wind gusts, lots of rain, some trees down outside our hotel. On top of that, I was hoping to head back to Palm Beach tomorrow, but a bunch of Supercharger stations are down along our route :(