Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hurricane Irma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard there is a hill area in the keys that EVERYONE parked their cars at, as it is 16' above sea level. This is of course where the hurricane came ashore.

Has anyone who already owns a Tesla been checking out the Superchargers? Like is the Key West charger still online? Would be interesting to see if they go down and when they come up.

-Randy

I heard there is a hill area in the keys that EVERYONE parked their cars at, as it is 16' above sea level. This is of course where the hurricane came ashore.

Has anyone who already owns a Tesla been checking out the Superchargers? Like is the Key West charger still online? Would be interesting to see if they go down and when they come up.

-Randy
The Marathon Supercharger Station is down. It's been down since yesterday.

Supercharger Status.jpeg

Larry

Last edited:
I saw an RV covered in water floating in the parking lot of a hotel in Marathon on a web video. Those are 10 or 12 feet tall. How are the rest of the chargers doing?

-Randy

Really? The tide gauges didn't look that extreme. Then again, surge tides aren't even.... I was getting my hopes up that Marathon survived. I still think it probably did.

Wasn't Ft. Myers at reduced service yesterday? Is it still that way?

Naples supercharger looks like the most at-threat of the remaining ones. It's in a mandatory evacuation zone and is literally just a parking lot away from the water.

I saw an RV covered in water floating in the parking lot of a hotel in Marathon on a web video. Those are 10 or 12 feet tall. How are the rest of the chargers doing?

-Randy
Really? The tide gauges didn't look that extreme. Then again, surge tides aren't even.... I was getting my hopes up that Marathon survived. I still think it probably did.

Wasn't Ft. Myers at reduced service yesterday? Is it still that way?

Naples supercharger looks like the most at-threat of the remaining ones. It's in a mandatory evacuation zone and is literally just a parking lot away from the water.

The Marathon, Florida City, DeFuniak Springs and Supercharger Stations are not currently showing any availability status, not even "Temporary closure". The Ft. Myers is still explicitly showing "Reduced Service". Currently the Naples Supercharger Station is showing availability and are the remaining Superchargers in Florida.

Larry

The Marathon, Florida City, DeFuniak Springs and Supercharger Stations are not currently showing any availability status, not even "Temporary closure". The Ft. Myers is still explicitly showing "Reduced Service". Currently the Naples Supercharger Station is showing availability and are the remaining Superchargers in Florida.

Larry
Defuniak sp. is nowhere near any part of the storm, maybe the reports from there are wrong

Defuniak sp. is nowhere near any part of the storm, maybe the reports from there are wrong
Hi Marc,

That is true. Nevertheless, DeFuniak Springs was not reporting any status at the time I posted the information. Please, check on your car's navigation system and see if you get a similar response.

I suspect that Tesla knew that the system might not always provide meaningful information and that's why they suggested that we call Roadside Assistance to confirm Supercharger Station status.

Larry

I actually slept through the whole thing!

No power, but it stayed on way longer than expected. Fridge and aquarium are now running on a generator. It's too dark to assess damage outside, but I think my car made it unscathed. At least I hope so!

If power gets restored pretty quickly, this will have been a tenth of the nightmare I was prepared for.

I hope everyone else is ok!

3 day rain total projection for Irma, considerably more than 2 inches for either side of Florida (East or West). Though maybe our 2 inches guy will get away with 5 (Hurricane Irma).

nhc-3day-rains-irma-12Z-9.10.17.png

I was not predicting 2". I'm not a meteorologist. I don't make graphics for TV. I was just sharing info from someone that is a meteorologist.

And FWIW, my non expert and non scientific and likely incorrect guess for rainfall totals so far is around 5". I only had to drain pool once to keep from overflowing. That's my system for measurement.