Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HV Battery replacement for the 2nd Time in 14 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we believe that the replacement of the Rapid Coolant
Mate during the HV Battery replacement (which is not unusual in HVB
replacement for this model), the fresh seal of the Rapid Coolant Mate caused
higher pressure in the coolant system (not unusual pressure, but enough to
strain weakened or worn components) and the higher pressure strained the
Radiator and essentially caused one its seams to "burst."
i call BS on this one...
might be co-incidental or maybe they messed something up
in any case looks like Rapid Mate was already replaced during HV

Reactions: maximizese
Read the entire thread. I would urge you to look to selling this vehicle for a new model Tesla. The brand has evolved over the years since the model S you have was built. I think you would find that you might well enjoy the newest iteration of Tesla than one as "old" as yours. And considering all the hassle you have endured, to me buying a new model would be a "no-brainer."

My preference would be for a model Y LR, but you have your needs and desires.

Rich

Reactions: cwerdna and g8trb8
Read the entire thread. I would urge you to look to selling this vehicle for a new model Tesla. The brand has evolved over the years since the model S you have was built. I think you would find that you might well enjoy the newest iteration of Tesla than one as "old" as yours. And considering all the hassle you have endured, to me buying a new model would be a "no-brainer."

My preference would be for a model Y LR, but you have your needs and desires.

Rich
I plan to wait on the truck i have a 1st day reservation, but who knows how long it will actually take to receive. This one is going to be sold as soon as I verify everything they fixed is working properly. It was just dropped back to me and the door handle is not functioning properly....again lol.

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod
i call BS on this one...
might be co-incidental or maybe they messed something up
in any case looks like Rapid Mate was already replaced during HV

I'm inclined to believe your presumption and wonder if something as simple as the Tesla tech failing to purge the air out of the coolant loop might have caused the failure. The Tesla response is what I would expect at this point and it's nice to see that they switched the bill to goodwill...what costs them a few hundred dollars is worth a whole lot more in PR.

Reactions: brainhouston
I'm here more to vent as much as I am to get get opinions. 2016 Model S 75D. Have had many repairs and replacements, most out of warranty, and replaced the entire HV pack last year under warranty. Yesterday I get the same error as before and SC confirms to replace the pack. Luckily I have a few months of warranty available before its out. As much as I hate to say it, I am leaning towards selling after the pack is replaced for a second time. I sort of thought the last replacement would give me some warm fuzzy feeling, but it obviously was short lived. Curious if anyone else has been in this scenario, or if you were in this scenario, what would you do. I have been patiently waiting for the CT as I am an early reserver of the truck and would hate to make a change with that potentially on the horizon. Thanks for listening.
2021 model 3 with 36k miles- defective battery. Ready to sell it and get a Toyota.

Reactions: cwerdna