Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC blows cold/cool when defroster set to hot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same issue. My model 3 doesnt get that hot...

Mind trying something? I was screwing around and trying different things and managed to turn my interior into an oven, curious if it works for you.

Jump in the car, set heater to "HI"… . then hit the climate settings, crank up the fan speed and manually turn on the *rear* vents! They started flinging *HOT* air within a few seconds!

Mind trying something? I was screwing around and trying different things and managed to turn my interior into an oven, curious if it works for you.

Jump in the car, set heater to "HI"… . then hit the climate settings and manually turn on the *rear* vents! They started flinging *HOT* air within a few seconds!

Oh interesting! I will try that tomorrow. Its chilly for us Californians these days in the morning. My old Acura use to heat up the car so well and I guess I cant expect the same kind of heating with an EV. But will try turning on the rear vents.

It is not a defroster. Your front windshield has a DEFOGGER, which should use Air Conditioning. Your rear window has lines which are the DEFROSTER, and they warm the glass.

I realize the button turns red for both, but it probably just doesn't get hot, just warm. It would only be used when covered in snow and you want to help melt, which doesn't require a lot of heat above freezing.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
It is not a defroster. Your front windshield has a DEFOGGER, which should use Air Conditioning. Your rear window has lines which are the DEFROSTER, and they warm the glass.

I realize the button turns red for both, but it probably just doesn't get hot, just warm. It would only be used when covered in snow and you want to help melt, which doesn't require a lot of heat above freezing.

Touché.