TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HVAC Faint Clicking Noise

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by talhas3, Nov 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. talhas3

talhas3 Real Estate Investor

I was able to capture a video of this faint clicking/rattling noise that I was hearing from the front glovebox area. It went away for the last week or so but it just came back today in the morning and I took out my phone and captured it.

Its a faint clicking noise in the background... once the HVAC turns off, it goes away but then comes back when the HVAC is turned on again...

It is prolly nothing serious but I just wanted to document it and share it to see comments from more experienced folks.. I'm taking it for service for this issue and 2 other issues later this week so I'm glad I got this documented as well...

Model S 75D.. March 2017 Build. 19" Rims

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqv7lq5sfakf60s/Video%20Nov%2026%2C%2010%2052%2003%20AM.mov?dl=0

2. BrianS85

BrianS85 Member

Were they able to fix the issue? What was it?

3. talhas3

talhas3 Real Estate Investor

Yes there was a loose nut somewhere that they fixed. Haven’t noticed the noise again. Enjoying my Model S

4. BrianS85

BrianS85 Member

Thanks for the update. I have the exact same noise and was debating whether or not it was worth taking it in or if it’s even really an issue.

5. Natron1313

Natron1313 New Member

Hi guys - I have the same exact noise. I brought mine in, they replaced the actuator fan and it didn't work. Do either of you know what nut they tightened or more detail about the work done to fix it?