Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC Questions/Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question for those who have a Model Y already. So I have a LR AWD Model Y that's running 20.5.10.8 but have a couple minor HVAC issues that I was curious if others who have the Y were having.

The first issue is that when the car is in park the option to turn on the climate keeper system to turn on Dog Mode or Camp Mode, is grayed out and says "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault." I also cant turn on the HVAC system when I'm away from the car to preheat or cool the vehicle before I get in. The app give me a pop-up stating "Climate:Failed to turn on climate."

Doing some searches I see this problem has occurred with others models as well. Just curious if this is widespread with Y owners or if I'm one of the few with this issue?

Also was curious who has actually tested the unsynced temperature controls? The sync button appeared for me in 5.10.8 but doesn't seem to exactly work that well. I can get hot air out of the driver's side and slightly cooler air out of the passenger side but if the driver's side is set to cold, I cant get any warm air out of the passenger side. Has anyone actually tested it and seen how it works for them since it was added to the Ys?

Thanks for checking....

Screenshot_20200424-100257.jpg IMG_20200423_221741.jpg

Reactions: beachmiles
I'm still on 20.5.10.8 as well and all my HVAC functions work great, to include from the app. I think your inability to modulate is tied to the faults you are seeing.
Have you tried soft/hard reboots? I'd try those and do a drive after. That may clear the faults. If not, definitely get a service appointment.
Good luck!

Wow, I actually got all the same issues yesterday after 20.12.10 update a few days ago.

Did the 2 button steering wheel reset and then the power off in security settings to no avail - Tesla phone tech said I needed a service apptment since “the system isn’t talking to the A/C compression unit”

3hrs later my car says 20.10.11 is ready to update and all of a sudden A/C works again and all the faults disappear......

Wow, I actually got all the same issues yesterday after 20.12.10 update a few days ago.

Did the 2 button steering wheel reset and then the power off in security settings to no avail - Tesla phone tech said I needed a service apptment since “the system isn’t talking to the A/C compression unit”

3hrs later my car says 20.10.11 is ready to update and all of a sudden A/C works again and all the faults disappear......

Have this issue now. AC was last known to be working. Updated SW to ver 2020.12.10 yesterday PM. AC worked at drive from garage, but hot air only on return trip.

Did power down and reboot x 3 - no go. Service appointment set.

Hopefully ver 12.11 will come soon and fix this issue for me too.

Have this issue now. AC was last known to be working. Updated SW to ver 2020.12.10 yesterday PM. AC worked at drive from garage, but hot air only on return trip.

Did power down and reboot x 3 - no go. Service appointment set.

Hopefully ver 12.11 will come soon and fix this issue for me too.

check it tonight and see if your a/c works - sometimes it just needs a deep sleep (lame!)

• Helpful
Reactions: RoBoRaT
check it tonight and see if your a/c works - sometimes it just needs a deep sleep (lame!)

Well, I left the car alone for couple of hours - logged off app, and put away the key fob, then voila, the AC is working again. The climate system fault notice is also gone.

Thanks for the tip. Did not need SW update.

Hopefully the Climate System fault does not return.20200425_184811.jpg

Quick question for those who have a Model Y already. So I have a LR AWD Model Y that's running 20.5.10.8 but have a couple minor HVAC issues that I was curious if others who have the Y were having.

The first issue is that when the car is in park the option to turn on the climate keeper system to turn on Dog Mode or Camp Mode, is grayed out and says "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault." I also cant turn on the HVAC system when I'm away from the car to preheat or cool the vehicle before I get in. The app give me a pop-up stating "Climate:Failed to turn on climate."

Doing some searches I see this problem has occurred with others models as well. Just curious if this is widespread with Y owners or if I'm one of the few with this issue?

Also was curious who has actually tested the unsynced temperature controls? The sync button appeared for me in 5.10.8 but doesn't seem to exactly work that well. I can get hot air out of the driver's side and slightly cooler air out of the passenger side but if the driver's side is set to cold, I cant get any warm air out of the passenger side. Has anyone actually tested it and seen how it works for them since it was added to the Ys?

Thanks for checking....

View attachment 535382 View attachment 535380
I had this when I first took delivery. Service center found out that the wiring harness was pinched against something. They had to replace the whole harness. I'd suggest if this is a persistent issue then you should schedule a service appointment.

Well, I left the car alone for couple of hours - logged off app, and put away the key fob, then voila, the AC is working again. The climate system fault notice is also gone.

Thanks for the tip. Did not need SW update.

Hopefully the Climate System fault does not return.View attachment 535945

UPDATE 4/27/20 - Tesla service techs confirmed that it was a firmware issue where software wasn't speaking with A/C system so it might get glitchy for some folks still.

They will be fixing it with future software releases so be aware if your A/C is blowing hot air and nothing works with resets - who knows if this will happen to us sporadically still so just be aware especially for those using DOG/CAMP mode.

• Helpful
Reactions: EVNation
UPDATE 4/27/20 - Tesla service techs confirmed that it was a firmware issue where software wasn't speaking with A/C system so it might get glitchy for some folks still.

They will be fixing it with future software releases so be aware if your A/C is blowing hot air and nothing works with resets - who knows if this will happen to us sporadically still so just be aware especially for those using DOG/CAMP mode.

Gotcha.
I'll make sure to monitor it and I don't overheat when I am in Dog House Mode :eek::D.
I tend to spend more time just hanging out in the Y (even in the garage) lately.

Reactions: iCeMaNxLb