Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2.5/MCU1 and Sentry videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone confirm Model S/MCU1/HW2.5 can retrieve Sentry videos? I’ve formatted to FAT32 and created the TeslaCam folder, but it’s still not working. Can anyone confirm success:

- Using SanDisk Ultra Fit 3.1 USB Flash drive? If not that one, which did you use?

- DashCam icon appears after install? (Different than Sentry icon. The DashCam icon isn’t even in my Owners Manual next to all the others at the top of the screen).

Tesla told me it’s possible. I think I’ve done all correctly (as an aerospace engineer this isn’t beyond me) but it’s still not working and they aren’t responding. How do I troubleshoot this?

I think there is a sensitivity between cars and USB sticks. You just have to find one that works. For me, the UltraFit USB 3.0 stick works while a Samsung 3.1 does not. It takes just a few seconds for the car to find the TesaCam folder and put up the dashcam icon on the MCU. As you found out the Sentry icon is independent and will show up even without a recognized TeslaCam folder.

I wanted the Samsung to work cuz it's a little larger enabling easier removal to look at recordings. So instead I now have a 4 port USB dongle with my sticks in there. And 2 music USB's plus the TeslaCam one work through the dongle.

• Helpful
Reactions: KerryOH