Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 2019.16.2 Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my rear camera was working fine, then noticed after a couple of days that it was very choppy and jumped around. Removed the USB Flash Drive I had installed and now the camera is working just fine. The USB drive was not working well with the Dash Cam so I will be trying another one once I get updated to 16.3

So my rear camera was working fine, then noticed after a couple of days that it was very choppy and jumped around. Removed the USB Flash Drive I had installed and now the camera is working just fine. The USB drive was not working well with the Dash Cam so I will be trying another one once I get updated to 16.3

That’s odd. Mine has been choppy since even before adding the USB SSD.

This is what mine looks like.

On the plus side, just got the notification for the update!!! Though I doubt it will fix anything to do with the reverse camera frame-rate, at least it’s an update!

I had issues with my first USB as well. Not the backup camera specifically but just freezing the MCU if it sat too long and sometimes even rebooting while driving. It was this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015CH1NAQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After those issues I got the the 2 linked below and been working great ever since:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWZWYVP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07416LQVM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A few days after I took delivery - last week- I got a call from Tesla to see if I had any questions. I asked when I would get sentry mode... he replied that for safety reasons Tesla sends updates in groups of 1,000 vehicles over many days (or weeks). The thinking is if there is an issue with an update that it only effects a small subset of drivers not the entire fleet. No idea what logic they have for who are in what groupings .... seemed like a logical way to roll it out.

I did notice some strangeness with my windshield wipers after the 16.3 update - namely they don’t sweep as smoothly as they did before. Perhaps I’m going nuts or it’s psychological. I tired to get it on video but apparently my wipers aren’t photogenic.

Anyone else notice weirdness with their wipers?

I did notice some strangeness with my windshield wipers after the 16.3 update - namely they don’t sweep as smoothly as they did before. Perhaps I’m going nuts or it’s psychological. I tired to get it on video but apparently my wipers aren’t photogenic.

Anyone else notice weirdness with their wipers?

Mine have juddered across the windshield since day one a few weeks back. I’m guessing the stock wiper blades are not that great.