Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 2019.16.2 Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Broke my garage door opener functionality. Not a mundane detail. Works sometimes, doesn't work others. Rebooting the tablet 'fixed' it briefly.

Yes. Noticed the same thing today about 10 mins ago when I left my home. I opened the garage from the button in my garage. Drove the car out, and touching the green word “Garage Door” did nothing. It was like the on-screen button didn’t even recognize my pressing it. Double button reboot fixed it (for now) and was able to close the garage door after.

I’m on 2019.16.3.

Backup camera - buttery smooth or jerky? If jerky it’s HW3. You can put it on while driving forward, as you may find it easier to tell there.

You can also check and see what the dash cam and sentry mode are storing the videos in. If it’s HEVC I think. That’s the codecs something like that, it’s HW3. But the backup camera being like beef jerky is a good indicator

Reactions: WilliamG
It is glitchy for me but i was told i have Hw2.5. Latest software is showing as 2019.16.2

Well I looked at DashCam output and they are HEVC MP4 files. More difficult to judge rear-view camera as I've not seen HW2.5 to compare my M3 against, but the video is certainly not "butter smooth" and is more like stutters particularly at the edges (tree and poles jumping from spot to spot like slow frame-rate video game).

Software is 2019.16.3.2

--Tim

My 04/19 VIN xxx332225 LR RWD w/o FSD is now running on 2019.16.2.
When I chat with Tesla Support, they told me I have HW3.0 that does not make sense to me.
I took out the glove box bottom trim to check AP module part number.
My AP module part#1098058-00-L REV02 is obviously HW2.5.

Attachments

• IMG_5969.JPG
    IMG_5969.JPG
    319.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5970.JPG
    IMG_5970.JPG
    521 KB · Views: 79
My 04/19 VIN xxx332225 LR RWD w/o FSD is now running on 2019.16.2.
When I chat with Tesla Support, they told me I have HW3.0 that does not make sense to me.
I took out the glove box bottom trim to check AP module part number.
My AP module part#1098058-00-L REV02 is obviously HW2.5.

Are your dashcam/sentry files HEVC/H265, or H264?

VIN has been shown to be meaningless.