Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4 and Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a new MY LR and transferred FSD. A week or two ago I received an update with FSD beta, but Summon still hasn't appeared as an option on the app.
I used to love walking out to my car in 108* heat and having my car come to me when I got close enough. Just fun to play with, not so useful (except that one time I came out of the grocery store with paper grocery bags and it was pouring rain, having the car come to the front of the store was nice!).
Anyone know what happened to summon? I presume I'm just waiting for a future update to bring it to HW4 cars.

...what happened to summon? I presume I'm just waiting for a future update to bring it to HW4 cars.

I guess you didn't get the memo that less is more in Tesla.

It's not HW4-related. It's waiting for USS replacement codes. HW3 without USS shares the same fate:

Reactions: theflyer
So I had summons.. It worked , sort of, earlier this year well enough to move forward and backward. I haven't been able to do anything, for months. not forward not backward, forget the smart summons. All I get now is a "connecting...." and a headache. I have FSD Beta turned on. Do they not work together at all? 2020 M3P loaded. I guess I'd rather have FSD Beta than summons but they used to both work...
Any help?

FWIW: Did the FSD swap to a new 2023 M3 AWD LR. It was running 2023.26.100.1 with FSD 11.3.7 with no summon nor autopark. It got updated today to 2023.32.7 with FSD 11.4.4, did some game updates - but still no summon nor autopark.

Sigh. I really liked the 2018 M3's ability to parallel park, when the car could be encouraged to engage it. I suspected it was the vision-only code, but thought I read around here that some of that software was becoming available.