TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hybrid owner switching to a Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by Recumpence, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Recumpence

Recumpence Member

Hey Guys,

I drive a huge number of miles (around 40,000 per year currently) for business. My current car is a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid. It had been a great car and still is. But, with 184,000 on it, the time has come........

Anyway, my Model 3 should be here in a couple weeks and I am really looking forward to it. I am heavily into E-Bikes (I build E-Bike drive systems as a side business), so EVs are a natural progression for me. Oh, I am also a hyper-miler. I cannot wait to see what kind of efficiency I can achieve on the model 3. I have seen over 60mpg for an entire day of driving in my C-Max.

Matt

• Like x 2
  2. suwaneedad

suwaneedad Member

Welcome, Matt. I have been using a LEAF since 12/30/11, and two weeks ago took delivery of my Model 3. (Still feel badly driving past my Leaf parked on the street each morning...it's now just a car to get me to the gym and back.) Although I only have 200 miles on my 3 thus far, I am shocked that it is delivering the same if not a bit better efficiency as my LEAF, despite being a fundamentally bigger/better/awesome vehicle. I suspect you'll enjoy similar experiences with your 3. Enjoy.

• Like x 1
  3. McHoffa

McHoffa EV.network

I’ve driven my Model 3 just over 1000 miles (Charlotte to Asheville NC after pickup and then Asheville to FL) and average so far has been 266 Wh/mile. That’s at 75 mph most of that highway driving and hard acceleration as often as possible.

No way my Leaf would see that efficiency with that type of driving.

• Like x 3