Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hybrid owner switching to a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

I drive a huge number of miles (around 40,000 per year currently) for business. My current car is a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid. It had been a great car and still is. But, with 184,000 on it, the time has come........

Anyway, my Model 3 should be here in a couple weeks and I am really looking forward to it. I am heavily into E-Bikes (I build E-Bike drive systems as a side business), so EVs are a natural progression for me. Oh, I am also a hyper-miler. I cannot wait to see what kind of efficiency I can achieve on the model 3. I have seen over 60mpg for an entire day of driving in my C-Max.

Matt

Reactions: DR61 and suwaneedad
Welcome, Matt. I have been using a LEAF since 12/30/11, and two weeks ago took delivery of my Model 3. (Still feel badly driving past my Leaf parked on the street each morning...it's now just a car to get me to the gym and back.) Although I only have 200 miles on my 3 thus far, I am shocked that it is delivering the same if not a bit better efficiency as my LEAF, despite being a fundamentally bigger/better/awesome vehicle. I suspect you'll enjoy similar experiences with your 3. Enjoy.

Reactions: DR61