Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hypervolt 'waiting'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My neighbour has just had a Hypervolt ev charger fitted and it is stuck on ' waiting' and then goes to 'error'. He called Hypervolt and they told him that the fault was that the unit is getting 256v and will fail on anything above 250v. His electrican did whatever test he did and confirmed he was getting 256v. He has solar panels, batteries and an inverter. I live next door and I also have solar panels / battery (less tha him). I also have a HV ev charger. My house / ev charger is getting the correct voltage (less than 250v) and his house is getting 256v - why might that be?

Most streets, every third house has the same phase so you are different to him,
The DNO's are finding it increasingly hard to control voltage due to the number of home PV installations.
The DNO has to supply the grid with 230 V plus 10% minus 5%. I think, without putting a calculator on it, that is 216 to 253 V.
When houses are exporting PV, they are upping the local grid voltage on that phase.
Your neighbour needs to call the DNO and ask them to monitor his voltage. They should then turn it down slightly if the monitoring confirms that it is regularly above 253V.