Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am giddy with excitement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I finally received the invitation to design my car and I could not be more excited. This is the first car I have ever bought new or configured. This is my first EV and I have had the charger looking sad in my garage for months now just waiting for the email. It is finally time!!!!! Sorry just figured I would share.

mycar.png

So I finally received the invitation to design my car and I could not be more excited. This is the first car I have ever bought new or configured. This is my first EV and I have had the charger looking sad in my garage for months now just waiting for the email. It is finally time!!!!! Sorry just figured I would share.

View attachment 292822
Congratulations!
Being your first EV you may be new to the lingo. That’s not a charger in your garage. The charger is in the car. What you have in your garage that plugs into to the car is an EVSE. If it’s from Tesla, it’s called the Wall Connector.

Last edited:
Reactions: Troy916 and Fiver
Congratulations!
Being your first EV you may be new to the lingo. That’s not a charger in your garage. The charger is in the car. What you have in your garage that plugs 8nto the car is an EVSE. If it’s from Tesla, it’s called the Wall Connector.
...I don’t know about that. Tesla calls theirs a “Supercharger” so I think calling it a charger in your garage is just fine. Plus I can’t stand when people correct other people on forums. PS. You have a typo on “8nto” ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Skidmark and pcpro
...I don’t know about that. Tesla calls theirs a “Supercharger” so I think calling it a charger in your garage is just fine. Plus I can’t stand when people correct other people on forums. PS. You have a typo on “8nto” ;)
You're right, better to let it slide and let the ignorance propagate from one poster to the next.
Was your supercharger comment supposed to be funny? It may just be confusing to a new owner who doesn’t understand the difference between AC and DC charging. Surely you understand the difference, given the “title” in your signature.

Reactions: kingjamez
Congrats.

I had solar put on my house in January and had them install the Tesla HPWC (why use EVSE when Tesla has its own acronym) at the same time. Now every morning when I walk into the garage I see that little green light on the connector remind me I am still waiting for the Tesla :(

Reactions: Jonny Custom

View attachment 292822

Did you receive an email or just log in and notice the page was different? And when?

I ask only because there are rumors that TSLA opens configurations on Wednesdays and Fridays.

I need to know if I should start "F5'ing" today or wait until Wednesday. :D

• Funny
Reactions: shrspeedblade

View attachment 292822
Can you tell us the date and time, and if you were inline or online reservation holder? This will help us alot to start out the conversation. Many of us inline waiters have not received invites, which is troubling.

If you're using Chrome, Vivaldi, or some other Chromium-based browser, I recommend Page Monitor. No need to F5 at all. You can instead just glance up to the corner of your browser incessantly, instead. Saves some keyboard wear.

I just turned it off today. Had it monitoring my Tesla account page and I'd get a false positive almost every day. Perhaps I had it configured incorrectly?