Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am so mad! Home delivery cancelled!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After ordering my MYP back in December 2021, I had a scheduled home delivery between 12 pm and 4 pm for yesterday, March 27. I paid for the car via my account, uploaded insurance card, and all was to to go. I even got the txt from the 510 number confirming the home delivery. I got home around 6 pm and saw no car in my driveway. I logged into my Tesla account on my phone and saw that my order was on hold. WTH! So, I clicked the button lift the hold and now my EDD is July 2022. Craziness!

I've been txting the 510 number but no response. Is there a way I can escalate this? At a minimum, I want my money back. I rather not pay for a car that I'll get 3 months later.

Reactions: Maric
Yikes, I am scheduled for home delivery on Wednesday. Called to confirm that I can have a cashier's check to exchange for car rather than pay up front sight unseen. Apparently the 4 hours delivery window I was initially offered is "touchless" so the phone rep changed my delivery to a 2 hour window where I can hand over payment upon delivery. Hope they get you taken care of!

This sounds awful! How could they just give your VIN to someone else? July is 5 months from now. Who placed your order on hold?
So, apparently, they thought I wanted my order on hold but it was actually another order that requested to put on hold. They admitted fault. Tesla put my order on hold without running it by me. After going and back forth with them on the phone, they are "actively" searching for a VIN for me. This is very frustrating to say the least. If they can't find a VIN for me by Q2 end, then effectively I am reset in the queue as if I ordered yesterday. If that's the case, I will request a refund and wait I guess. What compensation do I have here? Can they get me a rental?

Reactions: Maric and robeeen
I can say from my delivery in 2017, and the dozens and dozens of people I have assisted from order to delivery it has been different almost each and every time for customers.

To me I like a constant repeatable process. Beat it like a drum. One that provides consistent outcomes for customers. Maybe it is a big checklist on a wall on how we do things for each delivery, or some cheesy tagline. Those things do work when you deal with a large organization and want to prevent one off horror stories. Tesla hasn't yet realized that, or had to at this point.

Build the brand with service. Realize you can't service the same way. People want our stuff more than ever. Well they still want it. Some day down the road they have an issue and they realize it. I surely hope not. I hope they can step in before that. I personally think if they took service leap along with the output they could really show up the oil leftovers.

To the OP. I feel for you, the system is broken. It needs an overhaul.

If this is your 3rd Tesla, I’m not sure why you would expect anything other than a clusterF.
The majority of people on this forum have bought teslas 100% issue free. The OP's experience is not normal and if its his 3rd tesla, obviously this is the first time this has happened to him. Are we going to pretend theres no bullfuckery going on with dealerships buying any other car? Good luck getting a Mustang E at list price without a $15k dealer markup.

The majority of people on this forum have bought teslas 100% issue free. The OP's experience is not normal and if its his 3rd tesla, obviously this is the first time this has happened to him. Are we going to pretend theres no bullfuckery going on with dealerships buying any other car? Good luck getting a Mustang E at list price without a $15k dealer markup.
I don’t know…every time I’ve walked on to a dealer lot and said “I’ll take it”, they didn’t wind up selling it to someone else.

Hey, I ordered my MME on 4/7/21 and took delivery on 8/26 for under MSRP. But I agree, I read 10 horror stories for every story like mine.

Waiting patiently for my MYP now as a second EV for the wife…