Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can’t believe I never noticed...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my FSD upgrade done on my HW2.5 Model 3 — mobile service — they texted me it could be scheduled (tech said they had 15 today to do). Took it out tonight on the highway before sunset to re-calibrate. Followed their texted instructions to turn off Sentry and not have any devices using the USB during this. Saw the gray wheel, did not notice it turned when the car was turning but my husband was driving so it was closer to him.

The blue progress circle was barely moving and I wondered if we’d have to drive the full 20 miles to reach calibration. My husband smartly decided to move into the middle of the three highway lanes and it really sped up the calibration progress. He figured it gave the cameras on all sides more to take in for calibration. Quickly got the alert that calibration was completed.

My preferences seemed to all transfer but did get a message when we got home that a software update was available but didn’t have wifi connection, so that did have to be re-established at our home.

Driving home from our dinner/calibration run I noticed how much improved the graphics/animation was of my car on the screen. The headlights were really bright and the taillight too seemed a brighter red. Saw a lot more vehicles rendered. I was waiting to see the signage appear but got home without that. Saw above in this thread there’s something I’m suppose to set? Will have to explore screens tomorrow when out.

Feels like a new car again in some ways! Just had it’s 2nd birthday yesterday. Still love getting in to drive it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier and Akikiki
Actually, one thing it is useful for is when people are calibrating their "how hard do I have to nudge the steering wheel to keep AP happy?" thing. Once the blue wheel nudges, you know AP is happy. :)

Or you could just roll the speed control scroll wheel up, and the flashing blue warning stops. When your already 5mph over, rolling the wheel up only generates a benign screen message...less work you know;).

• Informative
Reactions: anti
I'm a little freaked out right now because I just noticed this the other day and was going to make a post about it because I thought it was pretty cute. lol I don't really use AP that much and I just got the car a few months ago, so I didn't notice it initially. :cool:

But yes, as others have mentioned, there are other cool little "Easter eggs" if you pay enough attention. I particularly like the headlights, brake lights and turn signals on the on-screen car. I also figured out if you touch on or near the on-screen car it zooms out the field of view of the road and surroundings.

But yes, as others have mentioned, there are other cool little "Easter eggs" if you pay enough attention. I particularly like the headlights, brake lights and turn signals on the on-screen car. I also figured out if you touch on or near the on-screen car it zooms out the field of view of the road and surroundings.

You can do more than touch it .. try using two fingers to pinch and zoom in/out, or rotate the view to any angle (like on your phone). [I'm working from memory here it might be one finger .. just experiment!]

Last edited:
After reading this thread, I think we all need to keep our eye's on the road more, and less time looking at the screen;)?

How do you know these posters are not talking about what they noticed from the passenger seat? Or what their passengers noticed? My wife told me about the steering wheel icon rotating. :cool: I noticed the brake lights during my delivery walk thru. I'll have to put the car in park next time I go out, so I can check the glass roof animation.

I drove my car a couple thousand miles before knowing that autopilot's only ready when the grey steering wheel icon's on. I was so confused why I couldn't use autopilot sometimes.

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

• Love
Reactions: XLR82XS