Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't get the free service manual for my Model S & Model Y because it locks in to the Roadster, (I've never owned a Roadster). I've tried two differ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trouble getting the free service manual for my Model S & Model Y because it locks in to the Roadster, (I've never owned a Roadster). I've tried two different TESLA accounts. Does anyone have a link that would get me directly to the Model S & Model Y service manuals? Or how else can I get to the Model S service manual?

Reactions: Wol747
Tesla service is a separate account you need to set up. It does not use your primary Tesla account, although you can set the same email/password when you set up your subscription if you want. Start here: Tesla Service

When asked, select individual subscription and it will show $0 (i.e. no cost). Once subscribed, you can access all the cars and service information. The Roadster is a different path and has been free and doesn't require a subscription.

Once you get logged into your account at Tesla Service, Try this link for the Model S:
service.tesla.com/user/vehicle-models/ModelS

This is the link for the Model Y:
service.tesla.com/user/vehicle-models/ModelY
I've tried every which way including creating a new service account and it always leads me directly to the roadster service manual. The links you kindly provided also lead to the Roadster service manual. The local TESLA service department tells me they only make these service manual available after the car has been out of production for 10 years and I'm beginning to believe it. Have you personally been successful in actually opening one of these service manuals?

Reactions: Wol747
Tesla service is a separate account you need to set up. It does not use your primary Tesla account, although you can set the same email/password when you set up your subscription if you want. Start here: Tesla Service

When asked, select individual subscription and it will show $0 (i.e. no cost). Once subscribed, you can access all the cars and service information. The Roadster is a different path and has been free and doesn't require a subscription.
Actually, I do not think this is quite correct. I went in today for the first time to create a service account (I never tried before) and tried to create a new account. It turned out that my existing "MyTesla" account email and password worked, so I could not create a new account using the same email address.

I think the separate account was required once, as the system would not let me in. I created a "separate, new" account using my existing Tesla account userid and password, and it let me in. Maybe they actually improved that "feature" to allow you to use your existing account.