Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I crashed my new model 3: here’s what I’ve learned so far.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other guy at fault, it looks like. Not sure if it applies "down under" but file a diminution of value claim with his insurer. I got a check for about $7K USD from the at-fault party's insurer on a 2012 MS. This is in addition to repair costs. When you go to sell, a Carfax report will have record of the accident and will value your car at X dollars less.

Reactions: hill
Other guy at fault, it looks like. Not sure if it applies "down under" but file a diminution of value claim with his insurer. I got a check for about $7K USD from the at-fault party's insurer on a 2012 MS. This is in addition to repair costs. When you go to sell, a Carfax report will have record of the accident and will value your car at X dollars less.
my better ½'s plugin minivan got slammed from the back a couple months ago - while we were stopped on the freeway for construction traffic. The turd behind us was busy texting or lighting a joint or whatever. The $40k minivan required over $6,000 for repairs - but the inattentive Hellcat driver's car was likely totaled.
20190303_131727-1.jpg

That thought was the only redeeming thing - that we took a guzzling car off the road driven by a driver that doesn't know how to handle his own machinery. But now for the main point;
Different countries & Different states have different rules regarding diminution of value & unfortunately, we were not allowed that amount, by Statute. You got to love insurance companies pushing laws through like this. "Like a good neighbor"? I don't think so.
Anywho, I hope the op will post his own pictures.