Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I get it now.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FSD also needs some improvement. If it sees a left or right hand turn lane, it starts trying to get in the middle of the now 2 lanes before it decides that was a turn lane and moves back over. If there is a car on front in that turn lane, you can expect a rapid slow down until it figures out what to do. On a limited access highway, FSD works fairly well.

Had a few issues with m.Y, though service center (shout out to Jack, Maddy et al in Bellevue, WA) is exceptional. Was some talk in other thread re report issues in < 100 miles. Bellevue is awesome, took bunch of photos at delivery and posted them in first appointment. Would have preferred less time to first appointment, though just enjoy the car.
Issues were: hood adjustment, headlight adjustment, scratches on arch plastic covers, scratch on front fender, rear tail lid, rattles, wiper washers, etc.
Mostly all addressed now and rest underway. Also, fitted homelink at first appointment (if you don’t have this just buy it from Automatic Garage Opener)

I’ve said it before, the service centres are the greatest. If you want great service remember they re addressing a LOT of factory issues. Treat them with respect and you will bode well. Treat them as a punching bag for some of the factory issues and you’ll still get good treatment, though this is despite of you. Feel free to disagree, though this is empirical data. As people used to tell me: treat others the way you’d like to be treated.

Lots of nice features to get used to. I love the auto wipers. Passing a truck on a rainy day, the spray causes the wipers to pick up speed and then return to normal. I was impressed at how well they handled that.
The TACC, not as impressed. It works fine, if there is a car in front of you and will match their speed.
However, on a hilly or curvy back road, the car slows down (sometimes significantly) until it can determine things are clear far enough ahead to resume the speed. It definitely errs on the side of caution.

From the manual:

“WARNING: Do not use Traffic-Aware Cruise Control on winding roads with sharp curves, on icy or slippery road surfaces, or when weather conditions (such as heavy rain, snow, fog, etc.) make it inappropriate to drive at a consistent speed. Traffic-Aware Cruise Control does not adapt driving speed based on road and driving conditions.”

Just drove my brand new red MY LR dual motor from San Francisco to wine country, through Marin county. It is an absolute blast to drive, hit 110 mph without realizing it. This is most fun I have had in a car since my Renault Gordini rally car. This is my third ev, so now I finally get why you guys love these cars so much.
Couple of minor fixable trim issues, build quality is excellent and so is the paint, fell in love with this car after I got over the Golden Gate Bridge.

View attachment 559866
I have the same color car (M3). Learning how to use FSD. Love the car. Hope you drive yours in good health.

Quick question, did you opt for the Gemini or Induction rims?

Gemini, I didnt like the look in the photos, but figured I can get a set of nice wheels for less than $2k if I wanted to. BUT upon seeing them in person. They look great. In pictures they look shiny silver (probably due to camera flash), in person they are more like dark silver, cant tell that they are plastic, they look metal from more than a few feet away. So Im going to stick with them.

Reason I didnt go Induction is because I dont want my ride to be rougher/louder.

And just so that you know where Im coming from, I thought Model 3 looked ok in pictures, but in person, they are bad... id pop those off as soon as I got the car. On Y its the opposite... not so great in pictures, but pretty damn good in person. body color plays a big role tho, black with dark metalic silver rims looks good.

And in the end of the day, any kind of wheel is only visible when you are stationary. 99% of people will see your car while its moving (roads/freeways etc). When the wheel is spinning you can only tell the color. And I feel this dark metallic silver compliments black really well... and in any case, I dont think its worth it getting a rougher/louder ride so that 0.01% of people can see the wheels when my car is stopped.

Gemini, I didnt like the look in the photos, but figured I can get a set of nice wheels for less than $2k if I wanted to. BUT upon seeing them in person. They look great. In pictures they look shiny silver (probably due to camera flash), in person they are more like dark silver, cant tell that they are plastic, they look metal from more than a few feet away. So Im going to stick with them.

Reason I didnt go Induction is because I dont want my ride to be rougher/louder.

And just so that you know where Im coming from, I thought Model 3 looked ok in pictures, but in person, they are bad... id pop those off as soon as I got the car. On Y its the opposite... not so great in pictures, but pretty damn good in person. body color plays a big role tho, black with dark metalic silver rims looks good.

And in the end of the day, any kind of wheel is only visible when you are stationary. 99% of people will see your car while its moving (roads/freeways etc). When the wheel is spinning you can only tell the color. And I feel this dark metallic silver compliments black really well... and in any case, I dont think its worth it getting a rougher/louder ride so that 0.01% of people can see the wheels when my car is stopped.
I see where your coming from. Personally, I went Black on Black Induction just because I am a big fan of the murdered out look and such, but the rough ride is something I will have to deal with I guess.

I see where your coming from. Personally, I went Black on Black Induction just because I am a big fan of the murdered out look and such, but the rough ride is something I will have to deal with I guess.

Also, your chances of a sidewall blowout increase dramatically with lower profile tires. There are many stories here about two flat tires from the same freeway pothole. Plus, those tires tend to be more expensive, and few shops keep them in stock. A flat tire probably means some down time.

I suspect I’ll have to relearn some things too. Our first EV was a Leaf, and it’s regen braking was nowhere near as strong as the MY I tested (this week). Taking foot off accelerator felt like a firm brake. In the meantime, waiting room.
Indeed, the powerful regen braking is the secret surprise: it allows you to goose it, knowing you won't have to shift your foot to brake. I can't believe I haven't gotten a ticket yet, and I suspect it's partly because the car doesn't advertise and boast that it's taking off, the way a Mustang 5.0 does, but mostly because 3 seconds later you're back to the speed limit (roughly speaking).