Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got charged for delivery of my M 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just playing devils advocate, do regular ICE cars always come with a full tank?

If they promised in a window Moroney sticker then yes, it's a legal obligation.

If window Moroney sticker does not do such promise, then no, there's no obligation but my all of my stickers didn't either and I always got a full tank without asking for my past new cars from Chrysler, Ford, GM, and Toyota since 1976.

It's "free" but it's actually not because we all have to pay "Destination Charge" by law.

No, not from a rogue employee who wants to defy the company's policy and keeps promising a free charge.

It's rare that a gasoline car company wouldn't provide a "free" full tank of gasoline for a new car. As a matter of fact, some window Moroney stickers even say "Additional Equipment: Full Tank of Gas...INCLUDED".

window_sticker.jpg

Since Tesla window Moroney stickers do not say "First Full Charge...Included", Tesla employees should refrain from promising a free charge upon delivery.

We need to foster a culture of honesty in Tesla badly!

The last time I bought a car that used gas (2012 Volt), just before handing the keys to me, the sales guy went "Oh! I gotta get your new car filled with gas!" and had one of the service guys run it across the street to the gas station to get filled up. I think that tank of gas lasted ~3 months since I barely used the gas engine in my Volt.

Getting back to the issue at hand, is Tesla like all those toy companies where they say in fine print batteries aren't included? Except in Tesla's case, it's a battery charge not included.

Perfect world, your Tesla would be delivered to you charged to 90%. Charge to 100% is not good for the battery.

When you asked for a charge, the sales person obliged by pluggin it in for enough juice to get you home. He probably had no way of knowing that you would be charged for the juice. On a similar note, Tesla billing would also not have known that it was a salesperson that was plugging you in and that the charge should have been comped.

In the past it took some time for the Supercharging account to be set up for new cars. People got free juice for a month or so when Tesla got their billing in place.

Before the referal program went away, new owners could get 6 months Supercharging for free (sometimes even 9 Months)

Thank you for posting, so others will understand the latest policy.

Reactions: hcdavis3