Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got my new HOV sticker and it's purple???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was going to be red?

IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0084.jpg

We must use golden markers to fill in the white edges, make it gold and purple.
If the stickers weren't a different color each year, it would be hard for cops to tell if yours is expired or not, since you get up to 4 years per color now so the expiration date is easily determined by the color.

PS: best to color the gold edges BEFORE applying to the car

Waiting for ours too, 1/1 mailed date. We can say the lavender isn’t that bad, but why lie among friends here? That white border is HUGE. My car’s white and don’t think I’ve seen any photos of one on the pearl white yet. Hoping the white border will at least blend in more and make the sticker appear smaller. Will hurt to put such a dorky ugly sticker on such a beautiful car. :( I think whoever designed these and chose colors did so to punish us single occupant HOV drivers.

Last edited:
Waiting for ours too, 1/1 mailed date. We can say the lavender isn’t that bad, but why lie among friends here? That white border is HUGE. My car’s white and don’t think I’ve seen any photos of one on the pearl white yet. Hoping the white border will at least blend in more and make the sticker appear smaller.
It does. I saw the purple stickers on a white Model S the other day and it's better than on dark cars since you don't see the "glowing" border. You have the best color for those stickers. ;)
I think whoever designed these and chose colors did so to punish us single occupant HOV drivers.
:p

I called the dmv..on 1/28...they said they were process 12-31-18 applications that were received
Another update...looks like from the time you mail your application...it takes 1-2 weeks before it gets to their mail room. Currently they are processing Jan 2. So If you mailed on Jan 3....figure they got it on Jan 14...and it will take 1 week to get the decals...so probably by the Feb 25th ish you should have them in hand.