Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I had to take in my Model 3 four times for a broken AC. I have had it for 6 months. Anyone else have this problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
had to take in my Model 3 four times for a broken AC. I have had it for 6 months. Anyone else have this problem?
Some times that stuff happens. I had this happen with my Ford Escape years ago. Broke 3 or 4 times. It was working when I left the repair center, but then would break later in the day. No one could figure out what the problem was. They gave me a new computer in the vehicle, new AC unit, everything they could think of. They had to call in engineers from Detroit to come look at it. It turns out it was simply a connector in the wire harness that would expand during the hot days here in Vegas and it would have the effect of disconnecting the AC, but when the temp got under 95 it would go back to normal and the AC would work again. It might be something so simple as that. Mention this story to them if you are in a hot climate.

Upvote 0
Mention this story to them if you are in a hot climate.
OP lists location as Encinitas, which is on the coast just north of San Diego. So not really all that "hot".

edit: Added more questions for @ialmarashi
  • Exact nature of the problem? Not cold enough? Leaking? Intermittent operation (thanks to @TheLastDon )?
  • Any error messages appear on your car's screen? If so, can you provide details?
  • What did the Tesla Service Center report on your service invoices each time you took it in?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLastDon
Upvote 0