Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have a good recommendation for OC/LA County tinting and wraps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my MS 90D refresh and started counting the days before delivery, I began researching tinting options and installers. I probably did a bit too much research, but wound up learning a lot in the process.

My waiting and research paid off. I just finished getting my MS tinted today with Suntek XP Carbon 35 and am very happy with the results. After hours of research online, speaking to installers and other Tesla owners, I found Bemaro Specialty Films, which came and installed my tint today.

If you are looking for a wrap, clear bra or tint, these guys are fantastic. They deal with high end cars, clients with high expectations and they specialize in Model S. Here is a link to their site: bemarofilms.com -- full disclosure, I didn't get a discount for posting or referring - I just like to recommend people that are good at what they do and work hard.

Benjamin took the time to walk me through all the tint manufacturers, pros/cons of different films, he cut samples of different tint levels so I could see for myself and never tried to upsell me at any point. It was clear that he had a lot of experience with the Model S... as soon as I saw him delicately pop off the chrome window edging with his bare hands, he then proceeded to flip door mechanisms to make the car think the doors were closed so that windows would fully extend to their full height, despite the doors being open. His knowledge of the vehicle allowed him to do a job that was so good, it's hard to tell it's not factory. He didn't use precut film, it was all done by hand and with great precision. I could go into more detail but I won't. All I can say is that I sat and watched, asking questions for over three hours, learning his techniques and tricks.

I have attached some before and after photos so you could see the work for yourself. After seeing the great tint work, I was tempted to have him do a total "chrome blackout", which he does a lot on Model S, but I had someplace to go. When I do my next project I will definitely call him.

Before Picture #1: Windows without tint and lower chrome trim removed
Before 1.JPG

Before Picture #2: Same as above, slightly different angle
Before 2.JPG

After Picture #1: Carbon XP 35% everywhere except front windshield and pano roof (left those factory original)
After 1.JPG

After Picture #2: Same as above, slightly different angle
After 2.JPG

Reactions: RWcarbon
They do complete chrome delete packages, clear wraps, etc. I've seen his work, but since I am leasing my MS I didn't want to put too much into it, otherwise I would've have. I'm happy I leased, especially now that AP2 hardware was just announced!

Sorry, I didn't get a quote for a X-Pel clear wrap because I am turning the car in after the lease, but within one month I got some chipping on the hood from road debris. If you plan on keeping the car for a while I would recommend getting a quote for at least a front X-Pel wrap. The paint on these cars is very "soft" due to California environmental regulations and the cars being made in Fremont.