Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just snagged Acceleration Boost as a Referral Award for 9500 credit points! 😲

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't believe it was an option! I thought maybe it's a trial. The 3-mo FSD trial was the other option - no thank you! I went back and read the announcement and there was no mention of this!

Anyways, I am so stoked I snagged a $2000 upgrade for 9500 points! 😎 I would have never paid for it at that price. But then again, it cost Tesla nothing to give me the upgrade vs. Free Premium Connectivity. Pretty genius, and yes please!

It motivated me to share my referral link even more.

Btw, I have the Model Y Long Range
Screenshot_20230804-131752.png

I couldn't believe it was an option! I thought maybe it's a trial. The 3-mo FSD trial was the other option - no thank you! I went back and read the announcement and there was no mention of this!

Anyways, I am so stoked I snagged a $2000 upgrade for 9500 points! 😎 I would have never paid for it at that price. But then again, it cost Tesla nothing to give me the upgrade vs. Free Premium Connectivity. Pretty genius, and yes please!

It motivated me to share my referral link even more.

Btw, I have the Model Y Long Range
View attachment 962250
How did you manage to accumulate so many points?

A good friend of mine just bought a Model 3, but he lives out of state and gave the referral to his neighbor for letting him drive his Y.

So sad... I *really* want acceleration boost, but don't think I could ever spend $2000 on it.
I also used referral credits for it and honestly kind of disappointed. It’s slightly more punchy below like 40mph but I thought it would feel like a much bigger difference than it is. I would have been sad if I had paid $2000 for it.

I also used referral credits for it and honestly kind of disappointed. It’s slightly more punchy below like 40mph but I thought it would feel like a much bigger difference than it is. I would have been sad if I had paid $2000 for it.

I kind of just want it because it's there. For a few hundred bucks I would've already bought it, but for $2k I think it would be a point of contention between my wife and I (and myself and I)... that's a lot for us to spend to make an already ridiculously fast car a tiny bit faster.

Reactions: gtae07 and E90alex
I kind of just want it because it's there. For a few hundred bucks I would've already bought it, but for $2k I think it would be a point of contention between my wife and I (and myself and I)... that's a lot for us to spend to make an already ridiculously fast car a tiny bit faster.

I just told my wife that I wanted to buy it for myself as a birthday present. She ended up paying for the whole thing. But I guess since we share our money anyway, we bought the whole thing. Semantics.

I am pretty happy with it. It shaved off a solid 0.5 seconds wich is significant to a car already in the low 4's. The best part for me is no matter what my state of charge is (at least over 20%), my car now is always quicker at 50% than it ever was before even when freshly charged 100% without boost.

So for me it is awesome as I keep my SoC about 50% all the time to minimize battery degradation. An absolute win/win and the car now isn't much slower than my ex-boss's C8 Vette. He won't run my Plaid.