Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just totalled my Tesla!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.. There was no penalty for the lying, all she paid for was the infraction and court costs while all along her insurance company refuses to accept liability. Funny system. Glad I have stamina when it comes to these matters.

If she can be proved to have lied in a deposition or in her testimony in the civil matter, there are indeed penalties for lying. However, they are very rarely used, despite the fact that probably half the testimony in any given trial consists of lies -- much of which is pretty obvious.

Well, there are fibs, white lies, black lies, damned lies, untruths, mis-rememberances, omissions, statements that are no longer operative, statistics, and advertising.

I do not want to be the guy who has to draw the line where one means you made a silly error, and another means you go to jail.

-- Ardie
"Please state your age and weight."

Most people believe that they are 'the truth owner' when they speak.

Looking back I know I was wrong so many times but did not know it then. Now I find it likely that most people that are wrong likely do not know it.

Dash cams are very helpful.

Last edited:
IMO, it's not as large as it seems -- but I can't tell as I placed it behind the mirror and I can't see it all.

I do wish they would add the ability to email a video. For now, you have to take the SD card and put it in a computer. All of the videos are in a standard format and can be copied / emailed from there. They also have a viewer program, so you can see speed and a map overlay.

I have a Blackvue like many other owners. Main reason is that it is well reviewed and works great. I wanted a dash cam with a rear camera that was also 1080p and the Thinkware 750 seemed good. However, I liked the form factor of the Blackvue. I think the Thinkware software on the desktop and the app are possibly better. I also was concerned about some issues with the GPS not being able to work well possibly due to the Tesla windshield but Blackvue has no issue with that. Most importantly, my detailer in Walnut Creek has installed probably a hundred Blackvues as their recommended system.