Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Totaled? Model 3 Diver front hit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Genius driver pulled out, turning left directly into vehicle.
Anyone recover from this damage, and know the approx time frame? (the car).
Driver's airbag and knee air bag went off.
thanks

Wife says she's okay. This is her second Model 3 to be hit by someone else. At least she got 4 years out of this one.

Firemen, Police, EMS, all very polite, professional, and awesome. Thank those guys so much.

I'm so sick of this. Last time she was stopped on red, to be hit by a truck. Now this.

She's on the sofa now, and I'm getting her advil and ice packs. Going to visit her doc tomorrow.

thanks in advance. I hate this feeling. The car protected her, but can we just please not crash?

Attachments

• AirBag.jpeg
    AirBag.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 146
  • DriverDoor.jpeg
    DriverDoor.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Front Quarter.jpeg
    Front Quarter.jpeg
    650.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Front.jpeg
    Front.jpeg
    777.3 KB · Views: 90
  • FrontDriver2.jpeg
    FrontDriver2.jpeg
    627 KB · Views: 89
  • FrontLeftFender.jpeg
    FrontLeftFender.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 92
  • Knee Airbag.jpeg
    Knee Airbag.jpeg
    423.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Informative
Reactions: fholbert
Yes, sorry to see.

Based on photos alone, looks like rather superficial sheet metal and plastic damage - mostly remove/replace of the bumper skin, headlight, fender skin, fog assembly, maybe some sensors.

However there might be hidden suspension and front driveline damage, A pillar damage, etc. Hopefully not.

Repair under insurance and replace with a legacy 2023, wait and order a refreshed 2024 or drive this one into the ground once repaired.

Seriously seems a shame. I wonder if I can buy it on the cheap, fix what needs fixin' and make a race car?!

(Literal race car, not street legal/insured)

I couldn't see under it, but I'm thinking new front bumper, some lights? (not needed?) and control arms and steering parts and a wheel.

shouldn't be that hard to make it move again.

Disconnect the cell service, find someone to hack it for some speed gains

fun little toy?