Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I love my model s plaid!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i have owned my plaid since October 2021 .i have owned a few performance high horsepower cars including r8 v10 plus
Lamborghini Gallardo
2010 GTR alpha 9
1200hp c7 z06
1000hp 2018 zl1
M5 f10 etc
I enjoy drag racing not much of a road course guy. Besides the mind altering acceleration (alien technology) i wondered if like all the other cars i would get bored and get something else o was dead wrong. I drove taycan turbo s etron Besides the brand i couldn't fathom the price difference between them range performance other than breaking
I found myself only driving the plaid and nothing else daily going t9 the track whooping on 765lt 911 turbos without a worry about anything breaking. Besides the few times i went to service for minor things like a seal or a trim peace its been exceptional. Just wanted to see what other owners thoughts are on their experiences. Thanks guys

Attachments

• 20221210_141727.jpg
    20221210_141727.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 393
I love mine too. I don't give a damn about the resale dropping or if some other marque is more prestigious. It is just a damn fun car to drive daily. No muss, no fuss, doesn't break, has great AC and is still very quick on a 40% charge.

I still think it is the performance bargain of the century.
Exactly! The drop in value surprisingly didn't affect how i felt about the car . For what it brings consistently its amazing

For anyone who’s been in the game of modding ICE cars and drag racing the plaid is a complete game changer. Zero concerns about reliability. Zero tire/wheel swapping, don’t have to keep a fire extinguisher in the car etc. that being said i do miss my big turbo v8. Spooling up a T6 is something that ev experience can’t compare to.

Reactions: DOOLMTR and WeaponX
Someone else brought up this point. When we purchased it, some here in ‘21, the interest rates were crazy low, and my model 3 trade in was high. Right now if i did it, it wouldn’t be that different. I spent 119k for base plaid before other upgrades, and got 50k for my model 3 stealth performance and got 1.99% loan for 90k. Price dropped 30k since i bought It with fsd at 10k at the time, but today, my model 3 is work upper $20’s for sale, maybe, rates are like 7-10% which makes the loan about 6k more over 4 years. So honestly it kinda worked out. If i had sold it a year ago (the plaid) I guess it would be a better deal, if i had another car to drive, so honestly i did well overall as did probably other people in my situation.

anyway, the only complaints i have are the peeling yoke, and crappy brakes. But i too love the vehicle and have zero regrets. That launch is just sick and is painful every time.

Yes, at current prices Model X/S Plaid is the deal of the century, normally competition is 2-3% apart on a segment but competing EV's of other brands are 50%-100% above in pricing of current flagship Tesla models.

On another front, in order to purchase a car with similar power figures to a Plaid you would have to spend around 30 TIMES MORE $$$.

Am I the only one seeing this?

I just purchased an S & X Plaid btw, eff that Im getting this deal.

Yes, at current prices Model X/S Plaid is the deal of the century, normally competition is 2-3% apart on a segment but competing EV's of other brands are 50%-100% above in pricing of current flagship Tesla models.

On another front, in order to purchase a car with similar power figures to a Plaid you would have to spend around 30 TIMES MORE $$$.

Am I the only one seeing this?

I just purchased an S & X Plaid btw, eff that Im getting this deal.
Completely agree!

Every time @WilliamG discuss all the "quirks" and annoyances and rattles and vibrations on our Plaids, all we have to do is floor it. The monstrous smile returns every time. I absolutly love my Plaid.
I've been drag racing my whole life, and the Plaid is the pinnacle of best of both worlds.
Not only it's easy and fun to drive on the street, it's literally the quickest car I've owned.
I've had 3/4 chassis parachute toting full blow barely street legal drag car with sequential dog ring trans, and my Plaid would drag it's sorry ass down the strip.

As a potential MSP customer this concerns me. What is the issue if it's not wheel or tires? suspension? Is there a fix?
The only place I've heard any mention of it is here. As I mentioned I had a very minor issue with the 38-42 mph vibes and that is gone now. My S long range never had it. I've spoken to at least 10, maybe 15, other current gen MS owners on the street and not a single one mentioned it.

That isn't to say it isn't there. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe it is and so small they don't realize it or it isn't elevated enough to bother them. The one thing though you can almost guarantee you'll have is the accelerated inner rear tire wear if you go with 21's and don't adjust the camber. That probably affects 99% of the cars.

Hell if I know, or the service center knows. Going for it’s 7th visit next month
What wheel set up do you have? I had a 2019 100D and only during hard acceleration on normal ride hide o would hear and feel a concerning shutter. However since i got my plaid i have had endless launches and low to higher speeds cruising with no worries or noises. My hypothesis it either the rims or axle but since you stated that its been in service hands on they would have identified/resolved the issue. Do they at least acknowledge the noise _vibrations?

What wheel set up do you have? I had a 2019 100D and only during hard acceleration on normal ride hide o would hear and feel a concerning shutter. However since i got my plaid i have had endless launches and low to higher speeds cruising with no worries or noises. My hypothesis it either the rims or axle but since you stated that its been in service hands on they would have identified/resolved the issue. Do they at least acknowledge the noise _vibrations?

they have replaced rims and tires, front camber arms. It is 21 inch arachnids

Reactions: SpicyPaneer