Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I love my model s plaid!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normal real world driving is what I meant. :). Paid driving would only suffice and open road or track.
Monkey_Puppet.jpg

Reactions: MrSlowEv
It’s more for me to see my son who love 400 moles away in college to go see him. If I wanted a viper since it’s a 2 door, not interested in any ice vehicles. But thanks anyway.
You're not going to be able to drive a plaid there without stopping unless it's down hill both ways and you have a strong tailwind behind you at all times.

but stopping during a 400 mile trip to take a break is not a big deal.

As a side note, the jab wasn't directed towards you. people obsess over range in these cars constantly and it was a general statement.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
You're not going to be able to drive a plaid there without stopping unless it's down hill both ways and you have a strong tailwind behind you at all times.

but stopping during a 400 mile trip to take a break is not a big deal.

As a side note, the jab wasn't directed towards you. people obsess over range in these cars constantly and it was a general statement.
It’s 400 moles not miles. He’ll be fine. A mole is roughly about one third of a mile.

Bought mine the end of september 2021 and have about 54k miles on it now and has been great. Only somewhat major issue ive had was the left rear inverter that needed to be changed 2 weeks ago but other than that has been great.
After reading all the comments; I’m seriously so jealous; I’m retired from the automotive Industry; Owned a few Auto Parts stores with machine shop & high performance engine rebuilding; I’ve own lots of high performance cars; Mostly American classic high performance cars; I always thought I drove a super fast street legal car that ran high 10 sec.1/4 mile.

I love speed, and spent lots of time at the drag strips and late night/early morning street racing; Finally retired a few years ago and sold my last few cars, but my burning desire for speed continues ever so much.
Now I read about these incredible Teslas Plaid’s and wish I could afford one..
Maybe if they continue to drop the prices, I might convince my wife to look at getting an S or X Plaid.. meanwhile I truly enjoy reading how much fun you guys are having driving 9 seconds street legal cars on the streets.
I also look at YouTube videos of Teslas beating the best European performance cars. Just Love it.
Be safe you all.

After reading all the comments; I’m seriously so jealous; I’m retired from the automotive Industry; Owned a few Auto Parts stores with machine shop & high performance engine rebuilding; I’ve own lots of high performance cars; Mostly American classic high performance cars; I always thought I drove a super fast street legal car that ran high 10 sec.1/4 mile.

I love speed, and spent lots of time at the drag strips and late night/early morning street racing; Finally retired a few years ago and sold my last few cars, but my burning desire for speed continues ever so much.
Maybe if they continue to drop the prices, I might convince my wife to look at getting an S or X Plaid.. meanwhile I truly enjoy reading how much fun you guys are having driving 9 seconds street legal cars on the streets.
I also look at YouTube videos of Teslas beating the best European performance cars. Just Love it.
Be safe you all.
Since you come from a 1/4 mile racing background, you can truly appreciate what this car does and how well it does it. It’s truly a marvel.

I love how Versatile the car is. I have a 3 year old and 6 year old, so we have car seats permanently installed in the rear seats. My wife drives the car regularly, she has her driver profile set in chill mode.

On a Wednesday night, I can take the car to the local drag strip.

My parents (in their 60’s/70’s) came into to town a few weeks ago and we had them driving around town running errands with it in chill mode. To them it felt luxurious. They had no idea they were driving a car with 1000hp.

Not to mention that I’m no longer making frequent stop to the gas station to fill up on e85 like I did in previous car. Our plaid is “on a full tank” every morning from charging over night. Well 80% tank..

You only live once my friend, you should definitely get one. The prices are coming down.

Last edited:

Be safe you all.

This is one of those situations where you ask for forgiveness instead of permission. Use girl math and say "I know it cost $80k, but if I go racing and don't have to replace broken parts on a weekly basis, it effectively reduces the cost of ownership to $34k"