Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I miss Creep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too miss this coming from an ice car. I just got my model y. This function is definitely missed when parking head in and when you just need to creep up a couple more inches. I hope they bring this feature back in future updates

Just one more thing to add to the list of features that came with the car that Tesla decided to take away for its customers, after the fact. I really wonder if this “taking” is even legal?
It's unfortunate from an "absolute" standpoint, but I've never cared for it.

The HR-V that I traded in had brake-hold function, and my other car, 2010 Honda Fit is a manual transmission... so no creep in either.

For all the cars I've ever driven before that.. I'm either stopped or I'm going, no creeping.

So, no loss for me if they take it away.

@ATPMSD - got a screenshot? @rogbmw @dddunit - you sure it's not in the settings?
Pedals and Steering

IMG_3503.jpeg

It's unfortunate from an "absolute" standpoint, but I've never cared for it.

The HR-V that I traded in had brake-hold function, and my other car, 2010 Honda Fit is a manual transmission... so no creep in either.

For all the cars I've ever driven before that.. I'm either stopped or I'm going, no creeping.

So, no loss for me if they take it away.

I agree, I prefer the Hold setting.

Tesla didn't remove creep from vehicles that already had creep. My 2019 Model 3 can creep and has the reduced regen setting too!

100% legal. Companies can legally change the products they, even removing features.

After you took possession of the car? So you can buy a car with 300 HP and the company can make a software update reducing the power to 200 HP, and that would be legal? Extreme example, but you get the point.

Reactions: father_of_6
Having spent the last 11 1/2 years with our Model S, I really miss the "Creep" setting. I found it much smoother starting or backing than the new constant hold setting the car goes to. Oh well...nothing changes but the changes!
You can't do one pedal driving with creep on.
I love one pedal driving.
(I had creep on my old 2015 SD but I much prefer HOLD one pedal driving)

After you took possession of the car? So you can buy a car with 300 HP and the company can make a software update reducing the power to 200 HP, and that would be legal? Extreme example, but you get the point.

Tesla didn't remove creep from vehicles they had already sold.

(I have no idea hypothetically if that is legal or not, but the point is that didn't actually happen)

You sure about this? I thought it was the same thing... they just stopped putting it on new cars. I never had that option, and wouldn't want it.

Very sure, it was on my 2020 MSLR and then Tesla removed it. When they removed it there were a lot of unhappy people as many liked the idea of a low setting as a way to get used to one-foot driving, then they would often move to the normal mode. Others liked to have the option for driving in the snow.

• Informative
Reactions: father_of_6