Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need help with the Lease calculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering a Model 3, but do not understand the lease numbers.

There is $2500 due when the order is placed. There is also an amount due at signing which includes a downpayment, fees, and a security deposit. Does Tesla credit the downpayment $2500? Or.. is the downpayment technically $4500+$2500 or $7000?

For the lease they put it toward the amount at signing. This is my first post here, but let me see if I can attach the screenshot I got when I called and asked.

Attachments

• pastedImage.png
    pastedImage.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 523
For the lease they put it toward the amount at signing. This is my first post here, but let me see if I can attach the screenshot I got when I called and asked.

This is the first time I've seen a residual value and MF for a Model 3 lease.... very interesting indeed. MF is not great, but the residual seems quite high to me. That is good news for all of us.

Thanks for sharing this!

Can you tell me about the decision to omit FSD? I'm on the fence on this option although I will be using this primarily for highway driving )I-95 and I-4 in Fl).
I don't have FSD. I do have EAP however and it is totally fine for interstate driving. Cruise control maintains distance and speed. Navigate on EAP takes care of Lane changes, now with no confirmation required and handles exits perfectly.

I don't have FSD. I do have EAP however and it is totally fine for interstate driving. Cruise control maintains distance and speed. Navigate on EAP takes care of Lane changes, now with no confirmation required and handles exits perfectly.

I haven't actually done the lease yet so I can't comment on the performance of one vs the other. My understanding is that now you get the basic AutoPilot as part of the standard options which is TACC + lane keeping, which is what AP1 and until recently what AP2 was. Anything extra is now part of FSD (summon, autopark, Navigate on AutoPilot, and anything new) but all of that except "new stuff" was available in Enhanced AutoPilot while that was offered.

I'm personally forgoing FSD because of the cost and because the only feature I would really want (Nav on AP) doesn't add enough extra value for the money. I'm fine with manual lane changes. Maybe when the lease is up I'll get one with FSD then.

What does the $3750 tax credit go towards? Is it just going to Tesla's bottom line? It is on the bottom of that quote but I don't see it going towards anything.

On a lease the tax credit goes to the leasing company, in this case Tesla. Then they decide if they apply the credit to the lease to help lower the payments, which I am not sure of based on that document.

Reactions: RScottyL