Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think 6.1 solves album art issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andyw2100

Oct 22, 2014
Ithaca, NY
Unless I'm mistaken, or misunderstood the original issue, I think Firmware 6.1 may solve the album art issue. As I understood the problem, the media player would search the internet for album art to associate with a song, even if you did have the correct art already associated with it on whatever media you were playing it from, and often found the wrong art. I had not played any music from stored media before 6.1, but I have done so now, and the songs I played displayed the correct album art.

So has Firmware 6.1 solved this long-standing problem, or did I not understand the problem correctly?

It's wierd. For some of my songs, my album art shows. For other songs, it seems the album art is pulled from the internet. For others, the songs aren't found and a silly picture of the artist (or something completely unrelated) is shown.

I think it may have to do with how the songs are tagged (MP3 tagging v1 vs. v2, etc.).

What I *do* know, through my testing (at least as of about a year ago), is that if you've played a song from a USB drive and the car loads the art, then change the album art in that file, the car will cache the album art and continue to use the old art unless you change the filename (or do a factory reset of the car).

It's all been more confusing than necessary. When I get 6.1 I'll be happy to see if it's fixed, but I won't hold my breath.