Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think my V9 AP had a bad day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 42.2... On my way in to work this morning, the AP had a few issues:
  • Driving along a 2 lane road with a motorcycle ahead of me but in the next lane over. It would disappear and reappear on my display every few seconds, like the car couldn't keep track of it.
  • Driving up to a set of lights, the truck ahead of my in my lane moved to another lane, revealing a stationary car (actually, several cars stopped at the lights). My car accelerated at it, so it didn't see them. Felt like I was back in 2017 with the "can't see stationary objects" problem.
  • Lastly I've attached a photo of me sitting in traffic behind a bus. AP shows the bus as the next lane over (which is actually inside a wall).
I have noticed that cars jump around like crazy on my display. I've heard that the display is not fed from the AP, but why wouldn't it be? Wouldn't it be simpler for the display to take a feed of "object X at relative position Y" from the AP pipeline than for the display to separately figure out objects and locations? If AP is getting the same unstable data that I am seeing, then its got a long way to go.

Or could it be that my AP needs some TLC from the engineers?
I'd appreciate some opinions.

IMG_3156.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200