Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want a 6 seats. Should I order anyway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like a 6 seats version.

I don't think the 7 seats will provide too much legs room.

Should I order it anyway hopping that a 6 seats will be available in a two years time frame?

If I order now、would it be possible to postpone getting a VIN number until the 6 seats might be available or does I will have to cancel my order、and lose my earlier order advantage?

• Disagree
Reactions: DanCar and spectrum
I wouldn't expect it to be easy to fit adults in the back seat of the Y. Regardless of the website description.
Guessing those will be kids only. Can't quite tell where your head will fit relative to the structural cross member.

Reactions: Watts_Up
There is no indication such a version will be available, possibly ever. Elon revealed quite a bit of information about the Y last night, and to my surprise the Tesla website shows a vehicle configurator. You can get 5 seats or 7. Not 6.
Let"s see what may happen two years from now.

During the road test video that I watch、the driver
mentionned that the seats were those of the Model 3.

I wonder if this means that the Model Y might
Get different seats than the Model 3?

I would like a 6 seats version.

I don't think the 7 seats will provide too much legs room.

Should I order it anyway hopping that a 6 seats will be available in a two years time frame?

If I order now、would it be possible to postpone getting a VIN number until the 6 seats might be available or does I will have to cancel my order、and lose my earlier order advantage?

The middle row seats are different than the 3 as stated in a test ride when asked by a youtuber. You can fold down just the middle seat of the middle row which gives you most of the functionality and feel of a 6 seater while always having the option to fold it up and be a 7 seater. I wish they did this on the MX.

The middle row seats are different than the 3 as stated in a test ride when asked by a youtuber.
You can fold down just the middle seat of the middle row
which gives you most of the functionality and feel of a 6 seater while always having the option to fold it up and be a 7 seater.
I wish they did this on the MX.
This is very cool, so you could carry long objects, like ski in the middle.
I hope that the back of the two separated left and right seats will stay rigide without any support in the middle.

However, I am not really convinced that the passengers on the 3rd row
would be able to stretch their legs like in the 6 seats Model X,
or that the folding middle part would provide easy access to the 3rd row.

I wonder if the Model Y with 5 seats would also allows to fold the middle seat?

I was hoping that a six seats would be available with some kind of independent reclinable seats like in a first class airplane.
Also a 6 seats could provide access to 3rd row like in the case of the Model X.
I still think that the 6 seats would provide the optimum setting configuration.

This is very cool, so you could carry long objects, like ski in the middle.
I hope that the back of the two separated left and right seats will stay rigide without any support in the middle.

However, I am not really convinced that the passengers on the 3rd row
would be able to stretch their legs like in the 6 seats Model X,
or that the folding middle part would provide easy access to the 3rd row.

I wonder if the Model Y with 5 seats would also allows to fold the middle seat?

I was hoping that a six seats would be available with some kind of independent reclinable seats like in a first class airplane.
Also a 6 seats could provide access to 3rd row like in the case of the Model X.
I still think that the 6 seats would provide the optimum setting configuration.

My guess is that getting to the third row is going to be the old fashioned manually slide the side center seat forward, back passengers hop in third row, and then you slide the center side seat back into position crushing anyone but small to medium sized children in the back.

I think you are right about the third row passengers not being able to stretch their legs down the center. No one seems to believe that third row of the Model Y will work very well, but no reviewers or public has seen the third row as far as I know. I'm beginning to agree with you that the 6 seat configuration is probably the best compromise. Despite all the naysayers in this thread, I believe there is still enough time for Tesla to add this option to the MY. There were many changes to the Model X seats between the reveal and production.

Reactions: Watts_Up
The Model X is a much larger (notably longer) vehicle than the Model Y, and even my 6 seater MX has a cramped third row. I doubt the Model Y will ever be offered with six seats, and if it ever were, they would not be as large and luxurious as the Model X, thus ruining the point of having six seats.

If you want a 6 seater electric SUV, get a Model X. Otherwise, get a 5 seater Model Y. Just my two cents.

Reactions: azjohn
7 seat is useless in model X, 6 seat is really the only way to go in both Y and X.
The 6 seats would certainly provides easier access and more leg room.

I'm still puzzle about the headroom?

third-row-headrest-png.387160

I am not sure whether these seats are removable. I have the Honda Odyssey, the seats on the 2nd, and 3rd row are removable. very convenient to haul large cargo.. . Wish Tesla can adopt this.
I doubt the middle seat can be easilly removable because there would be a need to add
a cover for the battery and to have some quick electric release connectors for the seat heater.

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum