Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want a Metallic Silver please Elon

NY_Rob

Feb 13, 2020
Long Island
I had a metallic silver CRV for 13yrs, it always looked washed.. which I never did. Silver is great for looking clean both summer and winter with minimal effort. The only current MY color that's even close to semi maintenance free is the Pearl White (which is the color I have on order).

R_Stephens

Mar 17, 2019
minneapolis
Ironically I found out with a previous brand that the dark silver/greys also look clean all the time. That's why I got MSM on my Y.

Not in states that salt their roads in the winter. My Prius is dark grey and it may as well be black in the winter. My silver Model 3 on the other hand, always looks clean.

Sunshine State

Automotive Enthusiast
Jul 13, 2017
Florida
Silver does stay clean looking, as does white because dry dirt is light colored and the contrast stands out on dark colors hence the reason truck fleets buy white trucks. I’m not bashing but just stating Tesla resale value. Few buyers opted for the silver and hence they voted their taste with their wallets and Tesla responded by discontinuing the color. I watch used prices closely and all other things being equal the Tesla titanium is the cheapest to buy used due to its low popularity. The silver was not very popular in terms of new sales and is also down at the bottom of resale value. White outnumbers both by a large margin and maintains good resale value. If buyers like silver they can rejoice because they can typically get a used one cheaper.

R_Stephens

Mar 17, 2019
minneapolis
Silver does stay clean looking, as does white because dry dirt is light colored and the contrast stands out on dark colors hence the reason truck fleets buy white trucks. I’m not bashing but just stating Tesla resale value. Few buyers opted for the silver and hence they voted their taste with their wallets and Tesla responded by discontinuing the color. I watch used prices closely and all other things being equal the Tesla titanium is the cheapest to buy used due to its low popularity. The silver was not very popular in terms of new sales and is also down at the bottom of resale value. White outnumbers both by a large margin and maintains good resale value. If buyers like silver they can rejoice because they can typically get a used one cheaper.

Probably depends on the make/model. I'd be willing to bet I could get my asking price for my silver Model 3. But that said, I'd avoid a green Model S because....green? So yeah, I get it.

LasVegas2019

Oct 25, 2018
Orlando, FL
Probably depends on the make/model. I'd be willing to bet I could get my asking price for my silver Model 3. But that said, I'd avoid a green Model S because....green? So yeah, I get it.
I bet you would not get your asking price right now. We are just starting the Covid19 recession and the recession is color blind. lol

SilverSp33d3r

No Longer Silver
May 23, 2018
LA
I agree that silver should return. As you can tell by my alias, silver has always been my color. My all previous vehicles I’ve purchased have been silver except for my most recent Model 3...only because it’s not offered.

mikevbf

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2012
vermont
Another vote here for the return of regular silver. I live on a dirt road so silver is very practical. Plus I have always found silver cars with black seats a classy combo.

Dsswo

Jul 11, 2020
AZ
my test drive guy's daily driver is a silver m3 and i just sat and pondered how could it be discontinued. he said it was the least popular, which is ridiculous to me. I have a softspot for silver, my high school car and my daily for the last 7 years both silver shades. White will do.

tesla should really offer a shade of green as well, hunter or olive shade.

mikevbf

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2012
vermont
With all the comments about white being the next best color for not looking dirty, I got tempted to change my order from midnight silver to white especially because of how sharp white looks on the chrome delete and black runners of the MY, but then i noticed something on a new white Model Y next to me at a supercharger. The nose cone is a bug magnet and white shows this problem off the worse. Here is a photo:
whiteMYnosecone.jpg

R_Stephens

Mar 17, 2019
minneapolis
There are trade-offs for every color. The best exterior investment I made was PPF on the front bumper and frunk. I can use my high pressure washer to blast the nasty bugs off in seconds without worrying about the paint.

• Helpful
Reactions: mikevbf

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC