Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want a Metallic Silver please Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a metallic silver CRV for 13yrs, it always looked washed.. which I never did. Silver is great for looking clean both summer and winter with minimal effort. The only current MY color that's even close to semi maintenance free is the Pearl White (which is the color I have on order).

Silver does stay clean looking, as does white because dry dirt is light colored and the contrast stands out on dark colors hence the reason truck fleets buy white trucks. I’m not bashing but just stating Tesla resale value. Few buyers opted for the silver and hence they voted their taste with their wallets and Tesla responded by discontinuing the color. I watch used prices closely and all other things being equal the Tesla titanium is the cheapest to buy used due to its low popularity. The silver was not very popular in terms of new sales and is also down at the bottom of resale value. White outnumbers both by a large margin and maintains good resale value. If buyers like silver they can rejoice because they can typically get a used one cheaper.

Silver does stay clean looking, as does white because dry dirt is light colored and the contrast stands out on dark colors hence the reason truck fleets buy white trucks. I’m not bashing but just stating Tesla resale value. Few buyers opted for the silver and hence they voted their taste with their wallets and Tesla responded by discontinuing the color. I watch used prices closely and all other things being equal the Tesla titanium is the cheapest to buy used due to its low popularity. The silver was not very popular in terms of new sales and is also down at the bottom of resale value. White outnumbers both by a large margin and maintains good resale value. If buyers like silver they can rejoice because they can typically get a used one cheaper.

Probably depends on the make/model. I'd be willing to bet I could get my asking price for my silver Model 3. But that said, I'd avoid a green Model S because....green? So yeah, I get it.

my test drive guy's daily driver is a silver m3 and i just sat and pondered how could it be discontinued. he said it was the least popular, which is ridiculous to me. I have a softspot for silver, my high school car and my daily for the last 7 years both silver shades. White will do.

tesla should really offer a shade of green as well, hunter or olive shade.

With all the comments about white being the next best color for not looking dirty, I got tempted to change my order from midnight silver to white especially because of how sharp white looks on the chrome delete and black runners of the MY, but then i noticed something on a new white Model Y next to me at a supercharger. The nose cone is a bug magnet and white shows this problem off the worse. Here is a photo:
whiteMYnosecone.jpg