Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"i3 vs Tesla" HK Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to translate his main points here, feel to correct my translation.
1. Hong Kong is a like a testing ground for EVs, whenever there is an RHD EV, it will come to HK market, just like the Tesla Model S behind me.
--> the way he said it explicitly implies all EVs are immature for the market, include Model S.​

2. Some features, should as AirCon, SunRoof, should have physical buttons.
--> I am ok with that, as some people really don't like touch screen.​

3. Once release the paddle, the car slow down a lot to a annoying level.
--> I think everyone here knows what's wrong with this comment.​

4. If you have a heavy right foot, driving this car would be dangerous as the torque is instant.
--> well, it reminds me of a line in one of Bon Jovi's song:​
"Well I blame this world for making A good man bad "

5. The rear wheel spin a lot even when I half-floor the paddle.
--> I doubt it.​

6. Company to other 800k ICE car, it is acceptable.
--> Actually, Model S price should be 1.5M-2M without tax exemption.

From 1:28 to 1:35, he try to play with the big screen while he is driving in a narrow road to show how ridiculous of the 17's console is, what a jxrk!

The title of the review is "Is Tesla Model S an omnipotent God of pure EV ?"; The intention is obvious.

It's TopGear!! Jeremy Clarkson's disciple.

I have one additional thought. Magazines which live on the money from car companies hate Tesla because Tesla does not play by their game. They are thinking, "You want good review? Cough up!" Tesla, on the other hand, will not quite reject any auto-magazines' request for testing their EVs, because the truth is always with the intellectuals.

- - - Updated - - -

another one from TopGear HK, and it tries to tell you not to buy an EV, so do other mainstream media.

Dislike and comments disabled on YouTube! You know why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, this is all so rotten (and typical Hong Kong). Money talks, syeet walks!

They used to say Hong Kong has the best police money can buy.

As corruption in the police has long since been fought (as far as I know, to a great extent), I guess it's time to change "police" into "journalists" ...

I wonder how many parallels there are between the launch of new Apple Computers technology, and the Tesla Model S? Resistance from the entire established industry?

Here's To The Crazy Ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round pegs in thesquare holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have
no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them.
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the
human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world - are the ones who DO !

Tested i3...my comment is: i feel boring in 2 min

- - - Updated - - -

first time hear the test driver said the car power make you danger !!!!
TopGear HK thinks it is not enough, they made another video. They describe good features as weaknesses by twisted facts. The guy is either ignorant or well paid to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having read their reviews on I3 and Model S in the current issue, I think this is where it should be....
IMG_1749.JPG