Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I66 right before you take exit on 495

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are still bugs in the database, particularly with speed limits. The best way to crush them is to make a bug report. I have made numerous reports of two local speed limit aberations. One was dropping to 25 in a 45 zone and another in a 25 zone that recorded 45! Weird, but after about two weeks the database was corrected. Your reports will help increase the veracity of the database
From page 200 of the owners manual that is on your touchscreen and also the pdf available for download on your owners page.
“Note: You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note", "Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" followed by your brief comments. Model X takes a snapshot of its systems, including your current location, vehicle diagnostic data, and screen captures of the touchscreen and instrument panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model X.”
You will know that above has recorded when the “thanks” appears on your dash screen.

66 has been a mess since day one. with the construction it has gotten worse.
Out by Stringfellow road, if you in the left lane you will get the exit ramp speed. 45 MPH. The next lane over is still 55.
66 at the beltway you get the exit ramp speed every time. service roads, and the tunnel at Rosslyn. 28 over 66. You can see the MPH post briefly on the IC if you look for it.

I keep my foot on the gas in most of these areas knowing it is going to slam on the brakes. I'm gonna get rear ended as bad as 66 is.

How do you report "Bug Fixes" My phone can barely make a phone call correctly much less do any other function.

This issue really bugs me with the car.

Page 200 of the owners manual.

Note: You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note", "Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" followed by your brief comments. Model X takes a snapshot of its systems, including your current location, vehicle diagnostic data, and screen captures of the touchscreen and instrument panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model X.”

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
Page 200 of the owners manual.

Note: You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note", "Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" followed by your brief comments. Model X takes a snapshot of its systems, including your current location, vehicle diagnostic data, and screen captures of the touchscreen and instrument panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model X.”

Thank you I had posted some of them before, but has anyone seen them fix one? I reported the 66-495 one a couple times last March. I had stopped reporting with no feedback or results.

Last week I was up in Mass. driving friends around for a demo on the highway. The car picked up some 25 MPH sign below the highway and slammed on the brakes. I really thought I was going to get rear ended. My friend who is seriously looking to buy a Model S was deeply put off by it. Don't think he will be in a showroom or boutique any time soon. I had gone a long time without a surprise brake application. In the end if we get rear ended, who's fault is it going to be?

Yes, they changed the data for the stretch of Old Bridge Road in Woodbridge, VA. The speed is 45 and the database had 25. It IS fixed for now, no gaurentee that it won’t be overwritten in the next update but at least it is correct now.
Wow on picking up another speed sign, must have been real close, similar to HOV vs “free”way signs. Aforementioned is the only time I have experienced AP1 picking up the wrong speed sign since I started using it in 2014.