Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iamthecaliflower

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... My broker advises my 70% position. If Apple collapses (Drops below about 500), I'm considering pursuing legal action against him.
You wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Your broker only advises. You make your own decisions. And you say (below) that your broker is advising against your margin trading. And holding 70% in any one stock is absurd. If your broker is really telling you to hold 70% in one stock, your broker is incompetent. Find another broker.

... How can anyone say markets are logical if Apple has 300billion in tangible assets, and is trading @ a valuation of 500billion...
Nobody with half a brain says the markets are logical!

This market is a joke.
That's why you have to learn to laugh at it.

... it's not so much overthrowing a government as ...
Interesting topic. Belongs in the off-topic forum.

Maybe, just maybe, iamadramaflower LIKES to be dramatic and then watches how many people respond. I skip his posts now, too.
I enjoy reading his or her rants. They remind me to expect the unexpected and to laugh at the absurdity of it all. (Not laughing at you, Cali. Laughing at the absurdity of the markets, rather than getting emotional over them.) They remind me never to put money I cannot afford to lose into just one basket, or into volatile investments.

Here's the thing about the stock market: If you invest for the long term, based on solid research, and are well diversified, you should be able to expect your money to grow at a modest rate. If you invest/speculate for the short term, hoping to make large gains in short time, you are gambling, and are as likely to lose as to win. And if you invest in a new start-up company whose vision you believe in, you are putting principle above personal gain, which is noble and I commend you for it, but you must be prepared to be wiped out, or to lose that portion of your investment.

If Tesla fails, I will cry for the loss of a company I believed in, but not for the loss of my money, which I'll consider well-spent for what might have been, and which is an amount I can afford to lose.

Anyone have the slightest clue what is causing this? This has nothing to do with normal trading. Something is up. Dropping 3-4% on nothing, this many times in a short period. It has basically given back the entire years gains. What gives?

Please come up with a new question. We don't know. You really should look into getting a new financial advisor and start asking them these questions: 1) that is their job 2) Nothing we can tell you can make any market change up or down make sense to you. Thanks.

Last edited:
Please come up with a new question. We don't know. You really should look into getting a new financial advisor and start asking them these questions: 1) that is their job 2) Nothing we can tell you can make any market change up or down make sense to you. Thanks.

I agree with the content of your statement, dsm363,
But aren't you a bit harsh on the other board member.

After all
there is a whole industry living off explaining the movement of the markets and making predictions.

I agree with the content of your statement, dsm363,
But aren't you a bit harsh on the other board member.

After all
there is a whole industry living off explaining the movement of the markets and making predictions.
Yeah, sorry. Please read his over 120 prior posts. They're basically all 'oh no, the stock is down 3%. Why!!! Please explain it to me'. I really wish him the best and it does concern me that he seems to have all of his savings in two tech stocks. It's his right of course but was just trying to offer so advice that might help him out financially in the future.

Yeah, sorry. Please read his over 120 prior posts. They're basically all 'oh no, the stock is down 3%. Why!!! Please explain it to me'. I really wish him the best and it does concern me that he seems to have all of his savings in two tech stocks. It's his right of course but was just trying to offer so advice that might help him out financially in the future.

And remember. If he's as young as he indicates, he has plenty of time to recover from any mistakes made now.

Guess I have more tolerance for people with mental problems. I worked for five years at a homeless shelter. There's a lot of mental illness among homeless men (our shelter only took in men; there was another shelter in town for women) and all your stereotypes kind of don't work anymore once you've spent time with these guys. I'm not a shrink and I don't know Cali, but he/she reminds me in some ways of some of these guys, and I see the anger management difficulty as more sad than annoying. I remember the guy who got so angry at his car, that he took it out to a deserted place and shot it with a shotgun. He also carried around plans for a home-built airplane. Two thick books that he had bought somewhere. The same guy got up early one morning to shovel out the shelter's driveway, without being asked, and shoveled out my car while he was at it, and would not take anything in return. Yet he suffered from explosive anger from time to time. So I don't judge Cali. I'm sorry that she/he has made such inappropriate investment decisions, but his/her posts don't annoy me. Some of these guys just needed someone to listen. Again, I'm not a shrink, but some of them appreciated someone who would just sit and listen. Often, what they said made no sense. But what mattered was that someone would listen.

Guess I have more tolerance for people with mental problems. I worked for five years at a homeless shelter. There's a lot of mental illness among homeless men (our shelter only took in men; there was another shelter in town for women) and all your stereotypes kind of don't work anymore once you've spent time with these guys. I'm not a shrink and I don't know Cali, but he/she reminds me in some ways of some of these guys, and I see the anger management difficulty as more sad than annoying. I remember the guy who got so angry at his car, that he took it out to a deserted place and shot it with a shotgun. He also carried around plans for a home-built airplane. Two thick books that he had bought somewhere. The same guy got up early one morning to shovel out the shelter's driveway, without being asked, and shoveled out my car while he was at it, and would not take anything in return. Yet he suffered from explosive anger from time to time. So I don't judge Cali. I'm sorry that she/he has made such inappropriate investment decisions, but his/her posts don't annoy me. Some of these guys just needed someone to listen. Again, I'm not a shrink, but some of them appreciated someone who would just sit and listen. Often, what they said made no sense. But what mattered was that someone would listen.

Interesting post =/