Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iamthecaliflower

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back to my belief that we should delete Greece from the Euro and let them crash and burn, and destroy Iran and North Korea at all costs. To hell with these idiots. Get rid of them all. If Global markets are going to crash because of the actions of a handful of unqualified idiots, to hell with them all. Let them burn.

dude, you're just emotional because your position is down. and we all know that emotion and rationality don't go hand and hand. personally I think some time away from the stock market and these boards would serve you well.

you're speculating about something that's 2 to 3 years out with AAPL. If you feel strongly that this will come to fruition, than you shouldn't concern yourself with short-term ups and downs, as this is a long-term investment on your part.

And what do you mean that AAPL is down 20% on no news? There's been tons of macroeconomic news of late, and guess what...that's going to affect virtually all stocks, even the best and the brightest. It's like a fish trying to swim upstream against the current. And even if somehow AAPL were insulated from macroeconomic conditions, its stock had a huge run up as of late. It was bound to correct. The current stock price may already factor in a lot of the assumptions you are making about its long term growth, and continued to need good news to move it even higher. No news could be as good as bad news when the stock had such an amazing run lately. Look back several pages on what I said about stock prices being governed by simple supply and demand at the current price. Clearly you don't understand this. It works identically to how a sports line moves based on the volume of bets on either side of the line.

Down, down, down. How low can it go? Spin the wheel and read your fortune. Step right up ladies and gentlemen, pay your money and see if you strike it rich... I've revised my limit order to 28. That's my guess for the bottom. If it never hits 28 I'll be happy to see it go back up and sit on my 150 shares, and if it does hit 28 I'll pick up another 50. I think it will start climbing by the end of the year, when there are bunches of Model S cars on the road and all the range and safety ratings are in, and then I think it will keep going up as the X and Bluestar come out over the next couple of years. I think Wunderlich said 42 (?). So that's my guess: 42 in 2 to 3 years.

Back to my belief that we should delete Greece from the Euro and let them crash and burn, and destroy Iran and North Korea at all costs. To hell with these idiots. Get rid of them all. If Global markets are going to crash because of the actions of a handful of unqualified idiots, to hell with them all. Let them burn.
The present economic melt-down is the direct result of the United States credit debacle. And it was not caused by idiots. It was caused by very clever criminals who got very rich by exploiting the lack of regulation in the U.S. economic system.

Watching Apple be down 20% on no news, is pissing me off. OKAY? Have been adding to my position, but am beginning to get calls, since I am starting to add on margin here. [...]

I truly do favor overthrowing the governments in Iran and North Korea. Best us end their regime before they try to end our way of life. I mean, it's not like they haven't been threatening to attack us for the past 30 years.
You're trading on margin??? With your zero risk tolerance??? I'd say that's reckless in the extreme.

As far as overthrowing more governments, the cost would bankrupt us, and leave your holdings worthless. The Iranians are far too clever for our politicians. They'll outsmart us every time. And North Korea is too poor to be a threat to anyone, with their insular and broken economy.

Apple makes up a huge portion of the NASDAQ. People sell that ETF as a proxy for the overall economy. Ergo, Apple gets swept down with everyone else on macro economic news. In the world of ETFs we live in, no company stands alone. All of them, even Apple, are subject to the macro.

Tis life, live with it.

... but am beginning to get calls, since I am starting to add on margin here.

I feel compelled to say, with your best interests at heart, you are not experienced enough to be trading on margin. I was there, in the heady days of 2000, and those margin calls will kill you. My advice to myself, which I take :smile:, is to use the margin to take advantage of opportunities, but to keep a long-term no-margin position. I'm currently at about 90% equity, 10% margin, so a long way away from any calls.

And please take talk of overthrowing governments somewhere else. This is not the forum for that.

Please consider getting out of stocks (I say this again) or at least don't let us know that you're upset the market is down. I'd seriously consider taking your money out, writing whatever loss off on your taxes, and look into some more stable mutual funds.