Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IC Bubbles $1300. Worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got those pesky bubbles on the IC of my 2014 S. In my case, these are more like small ponds that have developed around the perimeter. Tesla Service wants $1300. Just wanted to gets some opinions before I signed up. Thx.

I got those pesky bubbles on the IC of my 2014 S. In my case, these are more like small ponds that have developed around the perimeter. Tesla Service wants $1300. Just wanted to gets some opinions before I signed up. Thx.
$1300 to replace just the screen is definitely NOT worth it since Tesla will replace the entire computer with a much faster one AND both screens for $1500.

Better value is to perform the MCU2 upgrade. $1500 (+$500 if you opt to keep FM radio) to get MCU2, new IC and new center display (neither of which will leak glue).
Yeah I was talking to a service advisor and he told me about this upgrade. Has bulked done this with a 2013 or similar MS? I’m seriously considering it since I have the bubbles on the IC too. And the incremental benefit for $200 seems well worth it.