TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ICEholes

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ME_UK, Oct 24, 2019.

1. ME_UK

ME_UK Member

I know there's a facebook group for this here ICEHoles - Internal Combustion Vehicle Discussion

However I really feel that we need a more specific UK location to vent frustration.

Going to kick off with these two comedians at McDonalds Baynards Green (near Bicester) last weekend......plenty of other spaces free but why use them if you can use the ones with the interesting writing and the funny black post?

Argh.

icehole1.jpg

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. RichieC

RichieC Member

If that was me i'd have parked across and blocked them both in while i plugged in my car to charge for a couple of hours..

3. Epico

Epico Member

That would be me also...haven't had a need to get but defo something I would do...can we start doing that outlanders as well? Just cos they're ****

4. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

Yep, I think I would too. Take photos, park across them both and plug in. They were clearly in that car on the right, imagine their faces as you stroll between the cars with cable in hand.

5. Yev000

Yev000 Active Member

Maybe I'm just non-confrontational in nature, but do you actually need to charge? I mean provoking some plonkers at a McDonalds is hardly a recipe for a stress free day.

Stuff like this will unfortunately keep happening if the parking restrictions are not enforced.

The guy in the Vauxhall seems to be sitting there, perhaps a polite word would have sufficed? No need to lower yourself to their level.

• Like x 5
  6. ME_UK

ME_UK Member

Was actually just passing through, and feeling thankful for my range, but it's this kind of thing that puts others off getting an EV - we're al fortunate to have the means to buy a Tesla, an aging Leaf, Zoe, i3 etc. may need more frequent visits......the passenger was in the car on the right, then got out and wandered off when she saw me take the photo. We sat in and had our food, left 20 minutes or so later, and nobody returned to either car.....

7. ajp558

ajp558 Member

I may be having a "slow" day, but I couldn't understand why the title of this thread was IceHoles. Until now....:D

• Funny x 1
  8. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Spot the icehole...

... he didn't even move when error of his ways was pointed it out to him by polite chap in red hat.

And yes, Fleet was brimmed...

20191024_115651200_iOS.jpg

• Like x 2
  9. Yev000

Yev000 Active Member

Sure, the whole aggression against EV is a real thing. But it's all part of the course of being first to change. I think as more people convert to EV this kind of behaviour would stop. It takes someone from their social group (someone who they care to listen to) telling them it's not ok for them to change.

I've seen this at a up market town in a supermarket setting with people in quite expensive SUVs parking in EV spots.

Problem is most businesses put them close to the entrance, which attracts unnecessary ire. I presume partue due to the need to keep cable length to a minimum. But then you have people screaming "unfair".

10. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

Oooooo, has Fleet upgraded some stalls? If not then the *other* icehole is the Model S in the Model 3 priority stall at the end!

11. VanillaAir_UK

All superchargers are CCS everywhere now I believe. Done a couple of weeks back - top effort by Tesla. But sat nav not updated yet, so fleet still shows as only 2/8. Still the other 4 under wraps though. By todays offering, they need commissioning pdq.

12. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

Huh, sweet! That's a pretty amazing effort! If only the Southbound at Fleet could happen :(

• Love x 1
  13. JCremonini

JCremonini Member

What was his response then ?

14. VanillaAir_UK

Apparently he said there was nowhere else to park, but by time chap in red hat spoke to him, he just went into a full spoiled icehole strop.

In his defense (until he got strop mode) it was a BMW-e so he probably thought he could charge there. If you didn't know better, there is nothing obvious to say Tesla cars only. Even the official car park restriction makes no mention of Tesla, just 'EV recharging point only', so apart from not being in the act of recharging, he probably thought he was ok.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

15. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

#15 NorfolkMustard, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    That red M3 at the end looks superb [​IMG]

as the BMW drove past on his way out he took photos of all the Teslas, y’know, with his phone in his hand looking out his side window, while still driving through the car park, on the one day I took my TeslaCam USB stick out

• Like x 1
  16. Puddles

Puddles Member

Proof you brits are more refined. Here, EV spaces are the *furthest away * spaces possible. You can hardly hike to your destination and back before starting to rack up idle fees.

Unfair!

• Funny x 2
  17. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Active Member

Take revenge. Tesla flash mob turnout at Costco gas pumps.

• Love x 1
  18. Yev000

Yev000 Active Member

Presumably you are taking about superchargers :) . It's the same here.

I had that experience a few weeks back. Popped out for a charge at lunch time.... Stuck it on the supercharger at 29%, got to 80% in 25 min, barely had time to get a takeaway and run back!

But the slowpokes 7kw ones at supermarkets and destinations are usually right there next to disabled spaces.

• Like x 1
  19. kuruma

kuruma Member

er no... proof that we are cheap. It saves the owners running cables any further than they have to.

• Funny x 1
  20. Smiddy

Smiddy Supporting Member

I was at the mall in Cribbs Causeway where there are a few destination chargers which clearly say Tesla Parking only but the end bay and a Renault park up and plugged in to Tesla charger. when i came back out the mall it was still there but not plugged in anymore.