Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICEholes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there's a facebook group for this here ICEHoles - Internal Combustion Vehicle Discussion

However I really feel that we need a more specific UK location to vent frustration.

Going to kick off with these two comedians at McDonalds Baynards Green (near Bicester) last weekend......plenty of other spaces free but why use them if you can use the ones with the interesting writing and the funny black post?

Argh.

icehole1.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Roy W. and Flatchat
Maybe I'm just non-confrontational in nature, but do you actually need to charge? I mean provoking some plonkers at a McDonalds is hardly a recipe for a stress free day.

Stuff like this will unfortunately keep happening if the parking restrictions are not enforced.

The guy in the Vauxhall seems to be sitting there, perhaps a polite word would have sufficed? No need to lower yourself to their level.

Maybe I'm just non-confrontational in nature, but do you actually need to charge? I mean provoking some plonkers at a McDonalds is hardly a recipe for a stress free day.

Stuff like this will unfortunately keep happening if the parking restrictions are not enforced.

The guy in the Vauxhall seems to be sitting there, perhaps a polite word would have sufficed? No need to lower yourself to their level.

Was actually just passing through, and feeling thankful for my range, but it's this kind of thing that puts others off getting an EV - we're al fortunate to have the means to buy a Tesla, an aging Leaf, Zoe, i3 etc. may need more frequent visits......the passenger was in the car on the right, then got out and wandered off when she saw me take the photo. We sat in and had our food, left 20 minutes or so later, and nobody returned to either car.....

but it's this kind of thing that puts others off getting an EV

Sure, the whole aggression against EV is a real thing. But it's all part of the course of being first to change. I think as more people convert to EV this kind of behaviour would stop. It takes someone from their social group (someone who they care to listen to) telling them it's not ok for them to change.

I've seen this at a up market town in a supermarket setting with people in quite expensive SUVs parking in EV spots.

Problem is most businesses put them close to the entrance, which attracts unnecessary ire. I presume partue due to the need to keep cable length to a minimum. But then you have people screaming "unfair".

All superchargers are CCS everywhere now I believe. Done a couple of weeks back - top effort by Tesla. But sat nav not updated yet, so fleet still shows as only 2/8. Still the other 4 under wraps though. By todays offering, they need commissioning pdq.

Apparently he said there was nowhere else to park, but by time chap in red hat spoke to him, he just went into a full spoiled icehole strop.

In his defense (until he got strop mode) it was a BMW-e so he probably thought he could charge there. If you didn't know better, there is nothing obvious to say Tesla cars only. Even the official car park restriction makes no mention of Tesla, just 'EV recharging point only', so apart from not being in the act of recharging, he probably thought he was ok.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Spot the icehole...

... he didn't even move when error of his ways was pointed it out to him by polite chap in red hat.

And yes, Fleet was brimmed...

View attachment 469517
That red M3 at the end looks superb
wavey.gif

as the BMW drove past on his way out he took photos of all the Teslas, y’know, with his phone in his hand looking out his side window, while still driving through the car park, on the one day I took my TeslaCam USB stick out

Last edited:
Reactions: EVMeister
Problem is most businesses put them close to the entrance, which attracts unnecessary ire. I presume partue due to the need to keep cable length to a minimum. But then you have people screaming "unfair".

Proof you brits are more refined. Here, EV spaces are the *furthest away * spaces possible. You can hardly hike to your destination and back before starting to rack up idle fees.

Unfair!

• Funny
Reactions: davidmc and Yev000
You can hardly hike to your destination and back before starting to rack up idle fees.

Presumably you are taking about superchargers :) . It's the same here.

I had that experience a few weeks back. Popped out for a charge at lunch time.... Stuck it on the supercharger at 29%, got to 80% in 25 min, barely had time to get a takeaway and run back!

But the slowpokes 7kw ones at supermarkets and destinations are usually right there next to disabled spaces.

Reactions: Puddles
I was at the mall in Cribbs Causeway where there are a few destination chargers which clearly say Tesla Parking only but the end bay and a Renault park up and plugged in to Tesla charger. when i came back out the mall it was still there but not plugged in anymore.