Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idea: Incentive to buy Solar Panels perhaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SOULPEDL

Cyber-Bandit is Ready!
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Referral Code
I love flooring my Model 3, but using 450 W/mi (at times) leaves me feeling guilty. Having no solar panels yet (SRP in Az victim), I'm basically pulling dirty power from the grid for my thrills. Maybe this unlimited acceleration will be gone someday should the EPA clamps down on EV efficiency... not just ICE with mpg. Then I had an idea...

I wouldn't feel so guilty if that power came from my own supply. There you go... those who create a surplus of solar energy would find that their vehicle's crazy power is automatically unleashed - the Car talks to the Wall for permission to have some clean fun creating an incentive to buy panels, and Tesla could program this without EPA regulation. Except EV competitors could win out if they opted out of that game... wait, what other EVs?

Let's just go with the idea to reward clean energy usage with driving fun...
It's OK to "Waste it if you make it!"

While producing your energy is good, calling your commercially acquired power dirty, may be partially incorrect. Many utilities are creating a lot of green power, from solar, wind, and hydro, so it may not be as carbon based as you think.

calling your commercially acquired power dirty, may be partially incorrect

If there's an ounce of dirt in my glass of water, I call that dirty - but I get your point.

Some States just don't get it, hence contaminated or "dirty." (I'm referring to the long thread on California being coal free while Texas doesn't want any part of California's attitude while at 40% coal for electricity. Literally people getting angry here over that difference.)