Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If criminals were smart....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a funny thought....

Since Tesla has yet to offer a cloud solution of Tesla cam / sentry mode backups

any smart criminal that wants to steal something out of your model 3 just needs to also grab your usb drive after breaking in haha
Not as long as some owner doesn't post about it on the internet. Perhaps a youtube video? (Like the putz that shows everyone how to get into the frunk w/o a key)

i mean... unless you want to comb through hours of mundane driving videos, sure. but most drives are so ridiculously cheap these days, there are probably other things in the vehicle worth taking if someone were so inclined to break in to one.

my stick cost me $50. it's small and hard to notice. i'll continue to use it until it dies and likely buy a similar model.

with that said, i've had a vehicle broken in to and they stole my radar detector. ever since that day, it always goes somewhere hidden. don't leave things in the open and people will be less inclined to pop a window.

Just had a funny thought....

Since Tesla has yet to offer a cloud solution of Tesla cam / sentry mode backups

any smart criminal that wants to steal something out of your model 3 just needs to also grab your usb drive after breaking in haha
The smash-and-grabbers need to be in and out in a matter of seconds. If they don't see something tempting left out in the open in the passenger cabin, they would likely smash the rear quarter window to allow them to flip down a rear seat so they can peer into the trunk for something yummy to take. If there isn't, they move on to the next target. Would they spend the extra time breaking a front passenger window and then diving in to check the center console for the presence of a USB stick so they can remove evidence? Simpler to just flip up their hoodies to hide their faces.