Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I cancel MX order, do I have to pay for the "Transportation Fee"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My situation:

1). Paid $100 Order Fee
2). VIN has not been provided
3). Finance have been approved with BMO Harris (via Tesla Financing)

Per Tesla Order Agreement:

Order Process; Cancellation; Changes.
After you submit your completed order, we will begin the process of preparing and coordinatingng your Vehicle delivery. At this point, you agree that any paid Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation fee have been earned.

If you cancel your order or breach this Agreement and we cancel your order, you agree that we may retain as liquidated damages the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportaon Fee, to the extent not otherwise prohibited by law.

I think transportation fee is = destination fee, which is $1,125 as shown in my Tesla account. So per the title, if I cancel based on the current situation, do I really have to pay that $1,125?

I believe Tesla uses the same order agreement document for new custom orders, new inventory vehicles, and used vehicles. "Transportation cost" is presumably referring to the specific cost of transporting a car from one store to another (e.g., Florida to Massachusetts) which is different than the "destination fee" applied to all new vehicles shipped from the factory.

I believe Tesla uses the same order agreement document for new custom orders, new inventory vehicles, and used vehicles. "Transportation cost" is presumably referring to the specific cost of transporting a car from one store to another (e.g., Florida to Massachusetts) which is different than the "destination fee" applied to all new vehicles shipped from the factory.

Ah, got it. Yeah, there is no explanation on the website on what the “transportation fee” is all about.

Anyone that cancelled their Tesla order can chime in? Would like to confirm before I cancel.

Did you pay the transportation fee?, if you did not then how are they going to make you pay for it?....You can move your $100 to another car if you had a Tesla employee remove you from that car that you ordered. If you canceled it from the website than you will most likely will lose the $100 but they will not come after you for the transport fee unless you prepaid it. Guess it all depends on if they already started transporting the car.

Too bad to hear that. There are definitely hits and misses on the communication front. Same with the delivery process. I would recommend just sticking with Tesla just bear with the process. All will be forgotten till you get your car and drives it home. At least till your next service center visit. :)

-ThinkMac-

Reactions: AvengerBB
I don't see any problem with Tesla financing and ordering process.
Buying a customized Tesla means you agreed to wait and only expect to get an estimated delivery time.
Financing, trade-in with Tesla, they will take care of that from start to finish.
I picked up my X within 2 months, loan approval last 60 days from US Bank. I only signed about few pages on delivery day compared to a big stack when purchasing other vehicles at dealers.

@ithinkmac I would agree. Problem is, now I receive zero response and this affect my financing process. So I just went ahead and cancelled the order.

Maybe in the future Tesla sales, financing and order processes will get better.
You have Tesla arranged loan, what's the problem? If application expires, they will ask you to reapply but will approve you in reference to your previous application and you don't have much changes in your credit report

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
@ithinkmac I would agree. Problem is, now I receive zero response and this affect my financing process. So I just went ahead and cancelled the order.

Maybe in the future Tesla sales, financing and order processes will get better.

Once I was approved for the Tesla financing, I received a text message from a Tesla delivery rep and have received regular communication with links, updates, etc. Did you provide a mobile number?