Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I purchase AP thru website, how long will it take to become operational

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thx. Does Tesla.com update if I move or allow updates? or do they pull from DMV?

Coincidentally, we might be moving to NJ which does not tax EVs right? That's why I holding off on EAP/FSD.

Tesla's has this disclaimer if you buy EAP/FSD after you take delivery:

"Tax is calculated from your Registration address and refunds are not available on your purchase."

Also, AP/FSD is more expensive afterwards, so the tax "savings" isn't really saving you anything.

thx. Does Tesla.com update if I move or allow updates? or do they pull from DMV?

Coincidentally, we might be moving to NJ which does not tax EVs right? That's why I holding off on EAP/FSD.

Correct, no sales tax on EV's in NJ. But if you buy AP/EAP/FSD after you purchase the car, sales tax will be added. I just purchased AP last week(bought car Oct 2018) and was charged sales tax.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Tesla's has this disclaimer if you buy EAP/FSD after you take delivery:

"Tax is calculated from your Registration address and refunds are not available on your purchase."

Also, AP/FSD is more expensive afterwards, so the tax "savings" isn't really saving you anything.

not if they do delivery pricing after trials, like they have with the MS