Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I purchase AP thru website, how long will it take to become operational

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought Autopilot this morning, it showed up on my account within an hour or two, but it didn't seem to be available in the car, so website status isn't a good reference for if the car knows you have Autopilot enabled or not. Now my account just shows "Access Denied" when I try to log in.

After purchase, it said mine will be activated within 3 days. So not sure why people are stating April.

A chat rep told someone on reddit that but honestly Tesla reps are wrong about 90% of the time or lag behind the info on here.

Still waiting here, I have a service appointment today for something unrelated and plan to ask about it and see if they can force the update.

Reactions: 0ptions
Wouldn’t new software code be required for the car to recognize this new basic AP package? We have never had a package that is just solely TACC and Autosteer. I’m pretty sure they can’t remotley add individual options leaving the old EAP features such as Summon, autopark, and NOA out. It’s just not in the code. So the April timeline sounds about right to me for a new software update to be pushed to our cars and then the AP packages to be pushed after that. We all know how new software updates go, with a small batch going out for testing and then a slow roll out after that.