Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you car is totaled, beware CCC One Valuation Report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a car totaled recently, and the insurance company wanted to pay me out based on a CCC One valuation report. I had looked at ev-cpo.com and had a ballpark idea what my car was worth, and that report was a ridiculous lowball. They listed my car as having no options, so that they could subtract the values of any options that the comparable cars had from my value. They deducted options that were standard equipment (missing Figured Ash Wood Decor -$450), they even deducted some options effectively twice (missing Glass Roof -$900, missing Panoramic Sunroof -$1200).

Luckily I found my original window sticker, to prove what options I had. After several go-arounds, they had all my options included, and the price seemed reasonable. Until the at-fault person's insurance company told me I hit the policy limit, and my insurance took over. Another CCC report was run by my insurance...

And this is where CCC gets even shadier: all of my options were missing again. They know that it's the same car, because there's a note at the bottom of the report indicating that this same VIN had been run last month. After documenting my options (again) the value increased by $8,600. So, in the end it worked out okay, but you sure need to be careful with any numbers coming from CCC.

all of the major insurance companies typically use the same third party evaluator. And all of the insurance companies are in "cahoots" together with a common goal: limit payout amounts. In some cases, its worth looking at your policy and exploring the option of hiring the third party evaluator of your own and have them weigh in. SOME cases.

Insurance companies typically bank on most people not going to the effort and doing that and just accepting whats offered quick/easy

• Informative
Reactions: Catbiscuits