Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'If you don't show up, we will assume you have resigned': Elon Musk's ultimatum to Tesla office workers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Tesla has and will create and actually manufacture the most exciting and meaningful products of any company on Earth," he added. "This will not happen by phoning it in."

Seems like a reasonable thing to ask.
No. It really does not seem reasonable at all.

If I’m an executive or engineer for Tesla, and I either moved during the pandemic, or just don’t feel like sitting in Bay Area traffic for several hours a day, I’m not coming back. And I will be able to find someplace to allow me to work remotely before Elon can have his HR team remove my building access.

He’s been a total chode since moving to Texas.

Elon continues to demonstrate that he does not live on planet reality. Here shoud take a lesson from Branson:

”Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to.”

“As soon as something stops being fun, I think it’s time to move on. Life is too short to be unhappy. Waking up stressed and miserable is not a good way to live.”

No. It really does not seem reasonable at all.

If I’m an executive or engineer for Tesla, and I either moved during the pandemic, or just don’t feel like sitting in Bay Area traffic for several hours a day, I’m not coming back. And I will be able to find someplace to allow me to work remotely before Elon can have his HR team remove my building access.

He’s been a total chode since moving to Texas.
I know...I just felt that with my history or being sent to "snippy" for almost every damn thing I said, that I would at least get a response and some other views on this subject. I just wish he would go to the basement and work on something and stay silent.

Reactions: glide
Another instance where Musk says something in a crass, polarizing way and then it makes the news. And draws even more negative attention to Tesla. I'm not here to argue for or against forcing employees to come to work. But if your position is to force them to come in, then as with everything the CEO does these days, it could have be handled in a much better.

76B4C2E1-C9BA-47BC-8A37-A0F3F17CBE20.jpeg

And now this…

Once again Elon is talking out of both sides of his mouth. From the Tesla AI Day 2 announcement:

"Elon did not elaborate on what the “many cool updates” would include but he did say that the second AI Day is also about attracting new talent to Tesla"