Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you have grey leather how is it holding up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have always had black interiors. To switch it up I went with grey next generation seats with piano black and black alcantara headliner. How does the grey wear over time?

I have the same config (grey ng /piano black/black alcantara). Picked it up Saturday. It's gorgeous.

Today I was getting in and noticed a huge black smear across my driver's seat. Apparently I got some grease on my pants or something.

It came out with some leather cleaning wipes, but has me concerned that they are so light.

Won't be able to answer the long term wear question for a while, sorry.

I have the same config (grey ng /piano black/black alcantara). Picked it up Saturday. It's gorgeous.

Today I was getting in and noticed a huge black smear across my driver's seat. Apparently I got some grease on my pants or something.

It came out with some leather cleaning wipes, but has me concerned that they are so light.

Won't be able to answer the long term wear question for a while, sorry.

Thanks....would you do it again? The grey colour combo instead of the black

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reply....I was worried about wearing dark jeans and having the colour transfer

Mine is blue with grey leather. It has 12.5K and was built in the summer of 2013 and still looks brand new. Granted I am usually the only one in the car, but the drivers seat is holding up very well. I originally wanted tan, but am very happy with the Blue/Grey combination and would get it again. I will add that my 2009 58K Toyota Tacoma has a grey cloth interior. The cloth seats look good, but and the rubberized door handles and center console arm rest look kind of grimy. I would NOT get this interior on a Tacoma again, but I think the grey Tesla leather will hold up very well and be easier to clean.

I have always taken really great care of my cars....people who have bought them are quite frankly lucky. I park at the back of the parking lot, I change the oil more often than needed (no longer of course), I usually have the kids in my wife's car so mine is pristine. I don't eat in it....the list goes on. Sounds like the grey will be a good change of pace