Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IKON Motorsports Front Lip for Model 3: A Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to the Tesla world, but not new to modifying cars having put together some really great BMWs over the years. I've purchased several parts from IKON Motorsports in the past without any issues, I've always found the quality to be superb so when I saw they offered Model 3 parts, I was excited.

It also helped that in all of my searching, I did not think a single front lip out there looked any good. Most of them come too far up the bumper and looks like a cheap body kit someone glued on a Toyota Corolla. It doesn't flow and looks like an afterthought.

This was by far one of the best looking lips I could find, when I build cars they must be clean and look like they should have came like this from the factory. Not wild, just the way it should have been offered.

That said, both the weave and the fitment on this lip ($499.99) was perfect. It installed easily too, with a strip of pre-applied 3M double sided tape to hold it up against the edge, and 9 pre-drilled holes beneath it that will require some self-tapping screws. I used some stainless self-tapping screws with some washers to attach it.

Car looks spectacular.

cA5d3ZZ.jpg

Looking good ... thanks for the information and photos. What wheels are those?

@kpeng were their any instructions provided? I love the look of the spoiler but the drilling is intimidating. Are you drilling into the painted portion of the bumper or into the black part of the bottom? See pic below.

Was it hard to drill the holes? How many do you drill? Do you use any of the existing holes? Did it come with screws?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.13.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.13.06 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 974
Last edited:
I can speak to this lip. There were no instructions. You'll need to dripp about an inch into the bumber underneath. It will be the painted portion, not the black. I used 3/4" self tapping screws and an electric screw driver.

Reactions: N.Y.R.
I can speak to this lip. There were no instructions. You'll need to dripp about an inch into the bumber underneath. It will be the painted portion, not the black. I used 3/4" self tapping screws and an electric screw driver.
Thank you!!

Does this spoiler make your car have less ground clearance? It seems like it is is line with the current bumper.

Leaning heaving to this spoiler, seems like the install is straight forward. Did you have any issues?

No I took the bumper off the car to install it though, as I had no help. The 3M tape won't hold it on for you to drill it, so I do recommend pulling the bumper off the car if you are by yourself. It does match up with the stock side skirts. The only care is when pulling up to a parking block/curb. My car is not lowered (yet), but I still don't park over the blocks

Reactions: N.Y.R.
No I took the bumper off the car to install it though, as I had no help. The 3M tape won't hold it on for you to drill it, so I do recommend pulling the bumper off the car if you are by yourself. It does match up with the stock side skirts. The only care is when pulling up to a parking block/curb. My car is not lowered (yet), but I still don't park over the blocks
Just to echo the poster above, would love some pics, it would really help me take the next step to buy this!!

it's definitely a little lower, maybe 1/2" or so at the front center.
Do you have any pics of the edge of the lip? I'm talk about the side near the tire. Does it align to the existing bumper or does it hang lower than the existing bumper edge? I'd really love some pics of how much closer it is to the ground, literally the only thing holding me back from buying!

Do you have any pics of the edge of the lip? I'm talk about the side near the tire. Does it align to the existing bumper or does it hang lower than the existing bumper edge? I'd really love some pics of how much closer it is to the ground, literally the only thing holding me back from buying!

on the side it is lower than the painted bumper but not lower than the black undertray part which connects to the bumper.
photo_2020-02-15_14-57-10.jpg