Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm scared now! Selling Stocks.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the purchase of Maxwell, couldn't that be a logical explanation for his time away from the Palo Alto office? I would think he would be very involved in that purchase and where that technology will fit in. I recall reading that the Maxwell purchase was months in discussions before the contract was signed and there would be a lot of due diligence to do of their technology and patents. Who better to be involved in the due diligence on batteries than JB. I would think he also would be involved in evaluating the personnel working on the battery technology there.

Maxwell is based in San Diego and he's probably spent a lot of time down there. Maybe the sale of some stock options was to cover a purchase of a residence down there if he'll be spending time there now.

Last edited:
With the purchase of Maxwell, couldn't that be a logical explanation for his time away from the Palo Alto office? I would think he would be very involved in that purchase and where that technology will fit in. I recall reading that the Maxwell purchase was months in discussions before the contract was signed and there would be a lot of due diligence to do of their technology and patents. Who better to be involved in the due diligence on batteries than JB. I would think he also would be involved in evaluating the personnel working on the battery technology there.

EXACTLY!

People need to STOP reading Fred. Or at least do not take what he says seriously. Not investment advice!!!

Fred isn't selling his stock.

I'm not following Fred.

Fred is a teslafan…. Why would he say something negative about Tesla?

Because saying positive things about Tesla 24/7 equates to readers believing he's bias and will take his "Electrek's take" as a joke.

People do anyways, but just giving you the reason as to why he would say something negative about Tesla. Lately, he's posted more negative than positive.

Also, just go ahead and sell. Panic selling is what has rekt majority of investors buying because of hype. A good example, I purchased Amazon stock at $900 and it broke $1,300 then dipped down to $1,200 and sold to collect my profits. Imagine where I would be had I held til now. You don't need to search for it, it's currently sitting at $1,775 and that's low considering Wall Street is on its 4th consecutive decline week.

I'm not following Fred.

This has already been said, but I feel the need to reiterate. He still has over 300k shares, he only sold 15k. He sold like 3-4% of his stock./ He is hardly "running away scared".... The guy just needed some quick cash.

He's also a battery expert and they just bought a battery company. Guess he's spending lost of time with them to do the integration (assimilation)

Reactions: neroden

I'm not following Fred.

Garlan, no one can tell you what to do with your money and investments (a lot will try anyways). Nor was I telling you not to read Electrek. I was making a general statement based on my bias (P.S. I "do not like Fred").

I just hate it when I see incorrect and/or misleading information.

Best of luck to you!

As usual Tesla communication sucks. The company should state what the guy is doing to avoid this very kind of ambiguity.

No company reports what people are doing. It has nothing to do with Tesla. The issue is people are investing without experience and understanding. Stock sales by executives are always reported and its completely normal and common. This kind of sale is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.